Groups

electric coolbox

I asked a question yesterday on here about an electric coolbox. I got one today from Robert Dyas. Its a Giostyle one, cost £40 and has electric mains adapter. Anyway plugged it in and its SO SO noisy. I would not be able to sleep in our tent with that noise. It has a the fan in the lid which is what the noise is. Is this normal? I may take it back as if when we go camping I cant sleep with the coolbox on, then there is no point having it. Do you think Robert Dyas will take it back? Thanks

9 Comments

I think you are well within your cooling off period, so yes.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5584330

I bought it instore, so I am wondering if they will accept the noise it makes as a reason to take it back

Banned

bargainhunter2009;5584416

I bought it instore, so I am wondering if they will accept the noise it … I bought it instore, so I am wondering if they will accept the noise it makes as a reason to take it back

They may take it back but they may not offer a refund, instead offering a credit note or exchange

they do not have to refund unless you can prove its defective

Original Poster

dimebars;5584439

They may take it back but they may not offer a refund, instead offering a … They may take it back but they may not offer a refund, instead offering a credit note or exchangethey do not have to refund unless you can prove its defective

Oh will have to see if it gets cold and that it works properly. Its so loud!!! Are they all like that? If I had known that I would not have got it. Never shop in Robert Dyas so a credit note is no good.

Banned

bargainhunter2009;5584485

Oh will have to see if it gets cold and that it works properly. Its so … Oh will have to see if it gets cold and that it works properly. Its so loud!!! Are they all like that? If I had known that I would not have got it. Never shop in Robert Dyas so a credit note is no good.

they almost all rely on a fan to keep items cool so yes they will all make a noise

Original Poster

dimebars;5584567

they almost all rely on a fan to keep items cool so yes they will all … they almost all rely on a fan to keep items cool so yes they will all make a noise

Thanks DimeBars, will see how I get on with it.

i used to work there. yes they will but my advised would be to repack it and say it was just not suitable. if they ask yiou to explain then say it is too bloody loud!

Original Poster

fireexit;5584905

i used to work there. yes they will but my advised would be to repack it … i used to work there. yes they will but my advised would be to repack it and say it was just not suitable. if they ask yiou to explain then say it is too bloody loud!

Thanks. It was shrink wrapped plastic, so cant repack it unfortunately. Could always put some tape on it though. Will see what my oh thinks later when I show him

Predikuesi;5584330

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30121
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767408

See more discussions