Groups

Electric Dog collar ( REP REWARD FOR HELP)

Hiya, guys My dog is getting terrible at berking and is even trying to chase people while barking,

Im thinking of investing in a electric dog collar to stop the barking once and for all, But as they are expensive was just woundering if anyone has tryed these do they actually work?

Rep will be given.

46 Comments

personally I think these are cruel,nobody should inflict pain on a dog for any reason.

don't do it, ask your vet to give you the details of a good trainer in your area if you need help but trainning is the key not electric shocks, good luck i know its not easy

Banned

get your dog into training with a quilified trainer, i think these things are cruel too

8starshop.com/en/…GBP

Remote Vibration Shock Anti Barking Dog Training Collar

sassie;5159390

get your dog into training with a quilified trainer, i think these things … get your dog into training with a quilified trainer, i think these things are cruel too

plus 1

Original Poster

I don't want a electric shock one I want to buy a static shock one like in the listings above soz about confusion has anyone used these?

Have you tried a water spray. Just a little bottle with water in and squirt on him when he barks. Worked great with my dog and stopped him right away.:thumbsup:

Try it on yourself first, if you buy and electric one!!

I've seen a rottweiler who's owner shaved it's neck cos he thought his electric collar wasn't working correctly (bad contact with skin!!), he then threw a bucket of water over the dogs neck and operated it on full power, the dog received terrible burns to it's flesh.

I don't agree with these, too much like torture.

Defo go with the water spray before the horrid shock collars, poor little mite, i know barkings annoying but I think the collars are too extreme.

Original Poster

rosie2008;5159429

Have you tried a water spray. Just a little bottle with water in and … Have you tried a water spray. Just a little bottle with water in and squirt on him when he barks. Worked great with my dog and stopped him right away.:thumbsup:

how am I going to catch her when she runs after people and manage to squirt her in the face ?:thumbsup:

davidk8288;5159491

how am I going to catch her when she runs after people and manage to … how am I going to catch her when she runs after people and manage to squirt her in the face ?:thumbsup:

Keep her on a lead then :thumbsup:

Banned

davidk8288;5159491

how am I going to catch her when she runs after people and manage to … how am I going to catch her when she runs after people and manage to squirt her in the face ?:thumbsup:

you cant be serious

davidk8288;5159491

Best to keep her on a lead to start with and when she starts to bark just give her a squirt with the water.:thumbsup: Once you feel it has worked let her off lead. If she chases a dog again when she comes back put her straight back on lead and take her home. Then go through same procedure again next time. I`m sure she will get the message:thumbsup:

sassie;5159528

you cant be serious

You reckon? :roll:

Electric Dog collars are illegal in Wales, and should be throughout the UK.

Shambolic;5159591

Electric Dog collars are illegal in Wales, and should be throughout the … Electric Dog collars are illegal in Wales, and should be throughout the UK.

cant believe anyone would want to put their dog through that. so cruel:?

rosie2008;5159616

tbh i see so many choke chain collars, they are far worse than a small shock.

phatboy123;5159644

tbh i see so many choke chain collars, they are far worse than a small … tbh i see so many choke chain collars, they are far worse than a small shock.

wouldn`t use one of those either.. Maybe I`m just lucky but the water spray worked on both my dogs. I seen them use it on one of the dog training programmes on the telly. :thumbsup:

edit. plus it costs nothing to put some water in a spray bottle.

My mate has one for his dog, it works, the dog looks scared when its on and I want to put it on him the cruel ba***rd!!

Banned

if people cant afford the time to train their dogs or havent the ability to do it then they should pay for training, or not get a dog, these items may stop the dog barking but its hardly a nice thing to do to a dog because the owner cant control them

rosie2008;5159616

Easy Option for lazy people who are clueless about owning, training and exercising dogs, I'm afraid :x

hibees;5159679

My mate has one for his dog, it works, the dog looks scared when its on … My mate has one for his dog, it works, the dog looks scared when its on and I want to put it on him the cruel ba***rd!!

Dogs aren't stupid. A lot of owners though ......... well. ;-)

Original Poster

ok........ok guys Im going to try the harmless water spray... lol with alll your anti harming ways, If don't work i may resort to the collar, I have tried training she is only 1 and a half years, People on here are acting as if I've not even attempted to train her!!!!

davidk8288;5159491

is she not on a lead? i really think you need to get some trainning help if your dog is not under your control off the lead then you shouldn't let her off the lead until she is

Original Poster

I will try on lead with squit bottle of water, I may keep people updated to see if it actually works

Banned

davidk8288;5159740

ok........ok guys Im going to try the harmless water spray... lol with … ok........ok guys Im going to try the harmless water spray... lol with alll your anti harming ways, If don't work i may resort to the collar, I have tried training she is only 1 and a half years, People on here are acting as if I've not even attempted to train her!!!!

lets hope your boss doesnt have the same idea, this really is disgusting, spraying a dog in the face for barking is as bad as giving it a shock for doing it, give the dog to someone who would treat it how it deserves to e treated

davidk8288;5159740

ok........ok guys Im going to try the harmless water spray... lol with … ok........ok guys Im going to try the harmless water spray... lol with alll your anti harming ways, If don't work i may resort to the collar, I have tried training she is only 1 and a half years, People on here are acting as if I've not even attempted to train her!!!!

Good luck, she's young, probably wanting to play. Remember dog's bark.
    That isn't her in the AVY? You'll be lucky to get hold of a collar small enough anyway. :-D

Original Poster

Urm........ That might be her in the av LMAO i realise i went a little extreme about the dog collar lol im going to try more methods, she is small but acts like a rotty lmao ,

I seriously think if she was bigger she might even get put down, don't get fooled by her small size, she is fine with any family members no trouble its outside the house, she changes to evil with people, but I do love her alot

Shambolic;5159717

Easy Option for lazy people who are clueless about owning, training and … Easy Option for lazy people who are clueless about owning, training and exercising dogs, I'm afraid :x

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"] the way i see it, is not too **** off people who are struggleing but to educate and help people in the matter, the collars maybe an easy option & a quick means to an end, i know first hand how frustrating a problem dog is there's no one set rule to sorting the problem, what works for one, may not work for another.
    the one and only thing that is common in any aspect of dog training is patience
    and also not being too proud to ask for help when & if needed.

in over 15 years of training i've come across many genuine nice people who are just too proud or emabrrassed to actually admit that they have a problem dog
    the op is just putting the feelers out[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

davidk8288;5159740

Good luck. She is still a pup at that age. I only had to use the water once and it worked.:thumbsup: It doesnt hurt them at all,just a little spray. I trained mine on my own with help from online training sites and library books. I tried the training classes but tbh got on better myself as the training classes near me were so busy it was a nightmare.

davidk8288;5159792

Urm........ That might be her in the av LMAO i realise i went a little … Urm........ That might be her in the av LMAO i realise i went a little extreme about the dog collar lol im going to try more methods, she is small but acts like a rotty lmao ,I seriously think if she was bigger she might even get put down, don't get fooled by her small size, she is fine with any family members no trouble its outside the house, she changes to evil with people, but I do love her alot

What breed of dog is she?

wend;5159794

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"] the way i see it, is not too … [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"] the way i see it, is not too **** off people who are struggleing but to educate and help people in the matter, the collars maybe an easy option & a quick means to an end, i know first hand how frustrating a problem dog is there's no one set rule to sorting the problem, what works for one, may not work for another.the one and only thing that is common in any aspect of dog training is patienceand also not being too proud to ask for help when & if needed.in over 15 years of training i've come across many genuine nice people who are just too proud or emabrrassed to actually admit that they have a problem dogthe op is just putting the feelers out[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Why the red writing. Have I hit a nerve?

I know about dogs, and I don't agree with electric dog collars, as I have seen, first hand, the damage that they can cause.

That is my opinion. I believe they should be illegal as they can be used as a means of animal torture.

Original Poster

rosie2008;5159828

What breed of dog is she?

um.... :oops: a mini yorkie ... Its not only her I have a standard large yorkie he doesn't chase people he just barks at home all day, And my partner works night shifts and he can bark up to 3 hours!!!

thanks for advice guys I love her to bits seriously but she can make walks terrible , people just laugh it of but im kinda scared she will chase a big dog and get bitten (she trys to start fights on alot bigger dogs 4 times her size)

davidk8288;5159856

um.... :oops: a mini yorkie ... Its not only her I have a standard large … um.... :oops: a mini yorkie ... Its not only her I have a standard large yorkie he doesn't chase people he just barks at home all day, And my partner works night shifts and he can bark up to 3 hours!!!

lol the little ones are sometimes the worst. I know a really good website for lots of dog problems. I`ll look it out and send it on to you:thumbsup:

Original Poster

rosie2008;5159893

lol the little ones are sometimes the worst. I know a really good … lol the little ones are sometimes the worst. I know a really good website for lots of dog problems. I`ll look it out and send it on to you:thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

davidk8288;5159920

Cheers :thumbsup:

Pm`d:thumbsup:

rent the dog whisperer dvds think its on sky at the moment its very good and keep her on an extending lead so she has the freedom to run and play but you are in full control

dmissy13;5159971

rent the dog whisperer dvds think its on sky at the moment its very good … rent the dog whisperer dvds think its on sky at the moment its very good and keep her on an extending lead so she has the freedom to run and play but you are in full control

Oh he is brilliant. Have got a lot of tips from him:thumbsup:

Shambolic;5159845

Why the red writing. Have I hit a nerve?I know about dogs, and I don't … Why the red writing. Have I hit a nerve?I know about dogs, and I don't agree with electric dog collars, as I have seen, first hand, the damage that they can cause.That is my opinion. I believe they should be illegal as they can be used as a means of animal torture.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]no not hit a nerve with me..

I just wish people wouldn't be so single minded...i never said use a electric collar i was talking about the ABIOSTOP collar mainly.

as i said before i have had many years experience and most things are fine if used CORRECTLY, but obviously there are a lot of people who don't..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?22
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1010
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..44

See more discussions