Expired

Electric drum kit question

10 replies
Found 19th Dec 2014
I'm looking at getting one of these for one of my children(no, not for christmas) and was just wondering how much noise these actually make compared to a real drum kit?

Also, if anyone has any advice of makes/models then please feel free to dispense your knowledge

10 Comments

compared to a real one then v v quiet but can still make noise that could annoy depending on your house. imagine someone tapping on a table quite loud. there are all sorts out there ranging from £50 to £5000 but if whoever wants it is serious they will know what one they want, if not go to a decent music shop they should have a least one set up to give you an idea then see whats available for your budget

Not quite the same thing, but I've seen some drummers using their iPads as practice devices. Either using fingers or using special drum sticks. Check out youtube. I'm not sure how much value a learner would get, but practicing rhythms and such might work.

Btw: best parent ever! Buying their kid a drum kit is cool

The sound you'll hear is the noise of the sticks on the drums. The drum sounds are picked up by the headphones used by the drummer.

Drum teacher advised us to go with the best you can afford. The cheaper ones are generally a false ecomony apparently. Obviously depends on your budget, but we got something like this second hand and it's a great kit. And there's not a lot of noise at all from it when the earphones are plugged in!

Original Poster

cheers so far for the responses

i thought it would be a lot worse than it is, guess i'm off to my local music shop this weekend to let him have a practice

Thistleno1

Drum teacher advised us to go with the best you can afford. The cheaper … Drum teacher advised us to go with the best you can afford. The cheaper ones are generally a false ecomony apparently. Obviously depends on your budget, but we got something like this second hand and it's a great kit. And there's not a lot of noise at all from it when the earphones are plugged in!

That is the route I took and also went for a Roland. Very pleased and quite a bit of money saved

kingtreelo

cheers so far for the responsesi thought it would be a lot worse than it … cheers so far for the responsesi thought it would be a lot worse than it is, guess i'm off to my local music shop this weekend to let him have a practice

Good luck! And if you do decide to go for a Roland, it is worth looking for one with at least some mesh skins, they're fantastic!

Original Poster

right, here is my local music store, any that are similair to the roland that i should be contemplating?

dawsons.co.uk/dru…its

If you have a console why not look at a rockband one or similar? See if they get into it first before buying something proper

Original Poster

ijw0161

If you have a console why not look at a rockband one or similar? See if … If you have a console why not look at a rockband one or similar? See if they get into it first before buying something proper

he can already play the drums

he has about 30 mins per week in school to play them and has been playing fo rthe last 6 months or so, everyone who has seen him has told him he needs his own set ASAP as he has a real talent for playing
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge12
    2. Headphones for Ps4?11
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1019
    4. Lost my CEX membership Card?22

See more discussions