electric hammer drill

Found 14th Aug 2017
looking for a electric hammer drill (non professional only diy and an odd wall job)
normal drills unless you get ones that take sds and normal drills

£100-£150 price range

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

For DIY/odd job (home use whereby you need it now but then it'll be stuck in the cupboard for year or two before being next used)
If yes then I'd go for argos.co.uk/pro…062 @ £17.99

Had one for 6 years now - used almost yearly and hasn't failed me or let me down (but I must add my health restricts my ability to do more than I want to do)

Last used about 6months ago to drill a couple of masonry holes to fit a new junction box.

IMHO unless you are going to be busy with "maintenance/DIY" THEN THERE'S NO NED TO SPEND BIG MONEY.
Edited by: "philphil61" 14th Aug 2017

Dewalt are great and not too expensive

Bought a cordless hammer drill from Aldi, only used it twice now, and it's pretty good for the occasional use. If you are a heavy DIY'er, then i would suggest to buy something a bit more profesionnal like Dewalt, Bosh etc

philphil6123 h, 11 m ago

For DIY/odd job (home use whereby you need it now but then it'll be stuck …For DIY/odd job (home use whereby you need it now but then it'll be stuck in the cupboard for year or two before being next used)If yes then I'd go for http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7106062 @ £17.99Had one for 6 years now - used almost yearly and hasn't failed me or let me down (but I must add my health restricts my ability to do more than I want to do)Last used about 6months ago to drill a couple of masonry holes to fit a new junction box.IMHO unless you are going to be busy with "maintenance/DIY" THEN THERE'S NO NED TO SPEND BIG MONEY.

Used almost yearly? Wow, the quality almost speaks for itself.

craigstephens2 h, 30 m ago

Used almost yearly? Wow, the quality almost speaks for itself.

Did you think before posting that drivel of a response?
Did you ever consider that most tools owned by most people are used occasionally rather than constantly?
Did you also consider that some people who wish that they could do more, even for their neighbours, can't because of health issues?

And you recommended which drill?

Come back and post something interesting that you've had time to think about if that's at all possible.

philphil6115 h, 57 m ago

Did you think before posting that drivel of a response?Did you ever …Did you think before posting that drivel of a response?Did you ever consider that most tools owned by most people are used occasionally rather than constantly?Did you also consider that some people who wish that they could do more, even for their neighbours, can't because of health issues?And you recommended which drill?Come back and post something interesting that you've had time to think about if that's at all possible.

You're missing the point.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions