Found 23rd Mar 2011
had an email from british gas to send in my readings, my electric box has day and night on and when i submitted the readings i noticed that the night reading is exactly the same as the reading i gave in january, can this be right or could my box be broken? ive no idea how these things work but i would of thought it should of changed from 3months ago.

9 Comments

either you entered the wrong amount 3 months ago and by some chance its on that amount now or the more likely option that it is broken.

Could you call up and ask what to do, I don't know if its your responsibility
Edited by: "golemsmate" 23rd Mar 2011

Banned

Had my box changed today, bloke who replaced it said they fail all the time

Original Poster

i think i will ring them in the morning, i dont want them thinking im trying to fiddle them, the day bit must be working as i just doubled checked the readings again and the day one has gone up already.

Depends what tariff youre on, if you are not on a tariff for off peak electricity the readings wouldnt alter.

whatsThePoint

Had my box changed today, bloke who replaced it said they fail all the … Had my box changed today, bloke who replaced it said they fail all the time

thats incorrect, usually very reliable dependant on the make/type, Usually changed by a meter fixer they no nowt about meter testing/repairs.

Banned

longbowassassin

thats incorrect, usually very reliable dependant on the make/type, … thats incorrect, usually very reliable dependant on the make/type, Usually changed by a meter fixer they no nowt about meter testing/repairs.

Your right, What would the bloke who changed mine know, its not as if he changes them for a living, oh wait...
And by your own words some aren't reliable, so fairly pointly post really wasn't it

whatsThePoint

Your right, What would the bloke who changed mine know, its not as if he … Your right, What would the bloke who changed mine know, its not as if he changes them for a living, oh wait...And by your own words some aren't reliable, so fairly pointly post really wasn't it

oh dear, like you said thats all they do is change meters (just 4 screw usually so he must have been an electrical engineer than), all meters are reliable but some better than others. All we need now is a meter repair/meter tester.

mine failed in 2002ish, the night reading hadn't moved for 2 years. In the end they changed it and charged me an estimated amount. i could have got away with saying it was their fault so i shouldn't have to pay an estimated bill, but couldn't be bothered as electricity wasn't as expensive as it is now.

Banned

you are probably on standard tariff (i.e not economy 7)

- check your bill
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769552
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions