Electric or petrol go kart

Found 15th Jul
Hi looking to get an electric or petrol go kart for my 7 year old. Any recommendations?
Community Updates
13 Comments
Don’t it sounds dangerous for a 7 year old.
Electric, less moving parts and no petrol incidents for a 7 year old
Do you mind me asking, where do you plan to use it?
As above - depends what you’re going to use it for. Don’t be put off by the dangerous comments - some kids as young as 5 are in petrol go carts.
Lewis hamilton started at a 8
cmdr_elito6 h, 13 m ago

Dannyrobbo5 h, 46 m ago

Electric, less moving parts and no petrol incidents for a 7 year old

If it’s a lithium battery they can explode if treated incorrectly, they can be more dangerous than petrol.
cmdr_elito2 h, 57 m ago

If it’s a lithium battery they can explode if treated incorrectly, they c …If it’s a lithium battery they can explode if treated incorrectly, they can be more dangerous than petrol.

Yes they can, but given the sheer amount of this battery tech in consumers hands (I mean literally everybody carry’s one right next to their nads) the incidents of this type are pretty low. They generally don’t go bang.

i think less maintenance on an electric kart overall so go for that.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 14 m ago

Yes they can, but given the sheer amount of this battery tech in consumers …Yes they can, but given the sheer amount of this battery tech in consumers hands (I mean literally everybody carry’s one right next to their nads) the incidents of this type are pretty low. They generally don’t go bang.i think less maintenance on an electric kart overall so go for that.

Was more thinking about the likelihood of it being crashed at speed and damaged with impact due to speed. You phone falling into your pocket doesn’t quite have the same impact.
cmdr_elito12 h, 46 m ago

Not really. Seen a few boys same age on them
darlodge11 h, 8 m ago

Do you mind me asking, where do you plan to use it?

At our caravan where there is loads of space and greenery
cmdr_elito3 h, 48 m ago

Was more thinking about the likelihood of it being crashed at speed and …Was more thinking about the likelihood of it being crashed at speed and damaged with impact due to speed. You phone falling into your pocket doesn’t quite have the same impact.

The tech is more than tried and tested in cars too at speeds far more than go karts. Generally a kart will impact some tyres at a fairly low speed, in charging there may be issues if done incorrectly but I highly doubt a 7 year old will operate the charging circuit. It’s more than likely a lead acid battery anyway.

either way it would be safer and more reliable than petrol for a kid
blackflash_uk_uk10 h, 2 m ago

Not really. Seen a few boys same age on them

Doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Fine on an official circuit with trained supervisors and crash protection gear but certainly dangerous in open fields. Don't you have neighbours where your caravan is?
chocci3 h, 38 m ago

Doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Fine on an official circuit with trained …Doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Fine on an official circuit with trained supervisors and crash protection gear but certainly dangerous in open fields. Don't you have neighbours where your caravan is?

Lol yes we have neighbours and a lot of kids have them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants