Groups

Electric Provder

Afternoon All,

I got my Electric bill yesterday and i nearly had a heart attack when i saw it. I Live in a two bedroom flat with no one being home during the day. we have the tv/ps3 on and and some of heating through the night. But when the bill came through yesterday it was close to £300 (for the quarter) which seemed way to high for me.

I'm with E-ON...so i was wondering who does everyone else use and are there any deals or would it be worth me changing....

Any help or advice would be appreciated

15 Comments

Is it an estimated one?

Banned

not bad considering my gas bill is gonna be more than that and then my leccy bill on top, it has been an extremely harsh winter

Banned

EDF seem quite good.

Free contact number and lots of nectar points :thumbsup:

Original Poster

queenlush;7794093

Is it an estimated one?

No it was actual....they read the metre

what made it worse is they had the wrong postcode so our bills were going somewhere else. But somehow we had a final reminder stating we needed to pay within 7 days otherwise they will send the debt collectors round....

so payment was made, making this month even more of a struggle!!!!!!!!:x

Original Poster

sassie;7794105

not bad considering my gas bill is gonna be more than that and then my … not bad considering my gas bill is gonna be more than that and then my leccy bill on top, it has been an extremely harsh winter

I understand that some people will have higher, but as both me and the wife work monday to friday and are only home in the evening, I didnt expect a bill that high

yeah check your meter reading and compare it to what they think it is.

Also whats your heating - if you have electric heating the last quater would be expensive - especially if your on economy 7 and are not using it effeciently (not that I managed to find a way to use them properly when we had them)

Banned

Abz;7794107

No it was actual....they read the metrewhat made it worse is they had the … No it was actual....they read the metrewhat made it worse is they had the wrong postcode so our bills were going somewhere else. But somehow we had a final reminder stating we needed to pay within 7 days otherwise they will send the debt collectors round....so payment was made, making this month even more of a struggle!!!!!!!!:x

whats your unit charges per kwh?

Banned

Abz;7794122

I understand that some people will have higher, but as both me and the … I understand that some people will have higher, but as both me and the wife work monday to friday and are only home in the evening, I didnt expect a bill that high

do you have night storage heating, or plug in ones

Original Poster

worto03;7794123

yeah check your meter reading and compare it to what they think it … yeah check your meter reading and compare it to what they think it is.Also whats your heating - if you have electric heating the last quater would be expensive - especially if your on economy 7 and are not using it effeciently (not that I managed to find a way to use them properly when we had them)

Yeah we have the economy 7 heating....we just switch one heater on (normally the living room) and then the bedroom one an hour before we sleep.

csiman;7794130

whats your unit charges per kwh?

Not sure as all the bills have been going elsewhere. We have requested another copy of the bill so will find out. What should the average kwh price be?

sassie;7794141

do you have night storage heating, or plug in ones

hmmmmm:oops: just electric one :roll:

Banned

Abz;7794176

Yeah we have the economy 7 heating....we just switch one heater on … Yeah we have the economy 7 heating....we just switch one heater on (normally the living room) and then the bedroom one an hour before we sleep.Not sure as all the bills have been going elsewhere. We have requested another copy of the bill so will find out. What should the average kwh price be?hmmmmm:oops: just electric one :roll:

night storage heaters are electric, they charge up at night, whilst ecenomy rate is on, and release the heat through the day:roll:

There's not a great deal of difference in prices between the different providers and working out which one is cheaper can be a bit of a nightmare. It' i worth changing suppliers regularly and using Quidco as at least one of them is usually offering decent cashback. You can also save a bit by paying by monthly direct debit - they all offer some sort of discount for that.

Ring your provider up and they will ask for a new reading there and then and compare . I did this a few years ago as I had an enormouse bill . Mistakes can be made , the chap who read mine made the mistake . The company at the time were Npower and were so arogant I switched to Scotish Electric . Much better customer service too .

Banned

Abz;7794176

Not sure as all the bills have been going elsewhere. We have requested … Not sure as all the bills have been going elsewhere. We have requested another copy of the bill so will find out. What should the average kwh price be?

register online to view bills etc. Makes things simpler and you get a discount too.

eonenergy.com/At-…htm

I am with EON online. 14% discount for online account and 6% as I pay via DD. Would have saved you over £60 this quarter alone!

Electricity
    Normal units first 900kWh per year 23.982p per kWh
    Normal units 9.1455p per kWh

Fixed Monthly Direct Debit

Direct Debit Discount @ 6.00%
    Online Discount @ 14.40%

SO actually pay about 18p
    Normal units first 900kWh per year

then 7p per unit thereafter

Original Poster

csiman;7794907

register online to view bills etc. Makes things simpler and you get a … register online to view bills etc. Makes things simpler and you get a discount too.https://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/Your-Account/Register/RegisterCss.htmI am with EON online. 14% discount for online account and 6% as I pay via DD. Would have saved you over £60 this quarter alone! Electricity Normal units first 900kWh per year 23.982p per kWh Normal units 9.1455p per kWh Fixed Monthly Direct Debit Direct Debit Discount @ 6.00% Online Discount @ 14.40%SO actually pay about 18p Normal units first 900kWh per yearthen 7p per unit thereafter

thanks for that :thumbsup:

Rep Left

Banned

Abz;7794971

thanks for that :thumbsup:Rep Left

best to use the comparison sites and then go to a new one via quidco. I switch every 6 months so get around £120-£150 quidco per year :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??22
      2. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      3. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510
      4. Three connection89

See more discussions