Electric Scooter Recommendations For A 11 Year Old

Posted 3rd Dec
Ok , I am looking to buy an electric scooter for my brother . He is 11 years old , so not quite a child , but definitely not an adult . So basically I don't want his mates to take the mick out of him , but I don't want to get him one that does 20MPH and have him kill himself.

It needs to be somewhere in the middle and I am happy to spend up to £200 . So any recommendations would be appreciated .

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
"...So any recommendations would be appreciated"

Don't buy one.

Alternatively, familiarise yourself with the legal implications regarding usage in the UK, & then decide.
Under 16 he can't ride an electric powered vehicle on the highway. However, if you have plenty of land he could get some fun out of it without it being confiscated.....

"Are adult electric scooters legal in the UK?

The adult electric scooter is powered partly by a battery motor and is therefore classified as Personal Light Electric Vehicle (PLEV) by the Department for Transport (DfT), making it illegal to use on UK roads and pavements. However, it is legal to use them on private land and property."

I know you see plenty of people on them on footpaths and roads, but they are taking a real chance.

More info here
Any recommendations? Ignore most of the jobsworths on here and go for it!

“But, but, but.....an electric scooter is illegal on the highway” yeah and so is cycling on the pavement yet walking the dog around the block earlier 4 people passed us cycling on the pavement going home from work and guess what? No one gives a !!
Yes I understand they are illegal to use of roads and stuff . Thing is he is 11 and all his mates have one , so now he must have one as well .

So does anyone know of one ?
fanpages03/12/2019 14:48

"...So any recommendations would be appreciated"Don't buy …"...So any recommendations would be appreciated"Don't buy one.Alternatively, familiarise yourself with the legal implications regarding usage in the UK, & then decide.

Norseg04/12/2019 14:48

Comment deleted

Beaver scout.

Did you have a point? Probably not, as usual.
It just takes some jobsworth pcso or police officer with nothing more important to do to catch your son using one and he'll end up with 6 points on his driving licence before he even has one but the points only start when he gets his provisional licence.
The licence points thing actually happened to someone I know !
fanpages04/12/2019 15:04

Beaver scout.Did you have a point? Probably not, as usual.

Wasn't it obvious jobsworth that bringing up a dated law which most police wouldn't even bother for is getting old and won't stop anyone from buying
It's a matter of time before they're made legal like in most civilised countries

Did you know weed is illegal but you could smoke it Infront of a officer and only a jobs worth PSCO may stop you
Police haven't even bothered with stoners for years, surprisingly it's still a class b drug despite it being harmless and the police will laugh in your face if you try to report it

It's also illegally to suspensly hold a salmon, don't think anyone has been arrested

Oh and before you say "oh but this one person got in trouble years ago" I'm sure they have, just like how someone got fined for eating a pork pie because he dropped some crumbs there's a whole lot of weird harmless stuff I've seen people get arrested for in the news doesn't mean it's common exactly why it's in the news
Edited by: "Norseg" 4th Dec
Norseg04/12/2019 15:20

...It's also illegally to suspensly hold a salmon, don't think anyone has …...It's also illegally to suspensly hold a salmon, don't think anyone has been arrested...

Do you tell it a joke & then leave the punchline until tomorrow?
fanpages04/12/2019 16:06

No it it's true

Vice even did a video on breaking dated laws
Edited by: "Norseg" 4th Dec
Norseg04/12/2019 15:20

...It's also illegally to suspensly hold a salmon...

fanpages04/12/2019 16:06

Norseg04/12/2019 16:31

No it it's true...

i doubt that it is worded like you have suggested; hence, my response.

I think you meant "suspiciously".
Norseg04/12/2019 18:22

Comment deleted

Take a break.
Primarily from the site.
You deserve it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants