Expired

Electric Screwdriver

9 replies
Found 26th Mar 2008
After spending a weekend screwing in screws with not much to show, except a blister in the palm of my hand I am looking for a cheap, but good electric screwdriver.

Any suggests?

Just for screwing in screws to plyboard, mdf, floorboards etc

cheers

9 Comments

Better off getting a cheap battery drill tbh. The screwdrivers don't tend to have enough torque.

Original Poster

I had one of those, but the gearing has gone so it doesn't screw anymore...
Have some good drills, but can screw with them, so thought a specific screwdriver might have been better.

The cheaper ones do tend to be on the rubbish side with very little power, you'd probably end up with more blisters - I did!
Agree with Shengis. :0)

Agree, get a decent lightweight 9.6v or 12v drill/driver.

The normal screwdrivers are often underpowered and take 5 hours to charge! :roll:

HI THERE, buy a bosch ixo,agood machine to me,but if you want to spend a bit of cash buy a bosch gsr 10.8 lithium battery screwdriver they are the buisiness cheers s99ang

tescos have a 9.6v cordless drill/driver in their clearance section for around the £5 mark. i've had one for about a year and its got plenty of power hth

Try Screwfix website They have a good range of prices, also have a few trade counters set up around the country, just opened one in Cardiff

Original Poster

Cheers will look at Tesco and Screwfix
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810998
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games78
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604827
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585

See more discussions