Groups
    EXPIRED

Electric shaver for close shaves?

I'm 21 and I've never used an electric shaver before, just razors. I hate the clean-shaven look though. I tried a beard, people don't like it. I'd like an electric shaver for a good price that can shave very closely, keeping the facial hair at about 1/2mm long. I'd like a rough lookvery short "stubble".

I don't know much about shavers so I'm sorry if a lot are capable of doing this. I don't want to go out and buy one though if it might not be able to do this. I did hear of "adjustable shavers" that allow you to adapt it to whatever kind of shave you want. I'd appreciate any help with this guys! Thank you.

4 Comments

I'm one sceptic who joined the 'elite' electric shaver bandwagon recently. Went for this Philips F1 shaver (although paid only £49.99 @ Argos +£5 voucher). Very pleased with the buy although took a couple of weeks to fully adjust to my face.

I bought the very best electric shavers for 20 years (some over £200) to see if they had invented anything which could compete with a wet shave. They had not, they have not and I do not think they ever will.

Wet shaving is just better.

Original Poster

3.1415926: Depends on the result. I don't want a clean shaven look. But I got a Mach 3 and it's extremely smooth, much more comfortable than cheap razors.

edi: Hmm, seems like a good buy. I'll think about that and make a decision tomorrow. If anyone else can offer any suggestions that would be great.

Original Poster

Went for the F1, thanks for the suggestion.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommend a free reminder app57
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?811
      3. O2 rewards signed up after top up, still ok?11
      4. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)911

See more discussions