Groups
    EXPIRED

Electric shaver needed / advise

My husband has decided, yet again, he wants an electric shaver rather than the kind he uses now (wilkinsons Hydro).
    He needs to shave every other day so thinks an electric one would be better?
    Been down this road many a time ive bought him one but its "been rubbish" so any reccomendations on what to buy?
    Looking for under £50 if poss as he will probably get bored of it in a few weeks
    Anyone point me in the right direction of one or give any advise on what makes etc i should be looking for?

We saw one in asda a phillips 5 series reduced to £49 no idea if its any good though?

Thanks in advance

4 Comments

Wet shaving with a razor FTW. I find that electric shavers just dry my face out and they are never as close as a blade.

Mod & Ed

I've just been thru the whole electric razor saga with both my husband and son, the amount we've gone thru is unbelievable!
    in the end they both have exactly the same amazon.co.uk/Phi…1-2

and both find them great, oh esp has sensitive skin, and apart from a rash the 1st few times of use, has been fine, I'm told the trick is to shave every day so your skin gets used to it.

I abandoned wet shaving over 10 years ago as I just got terrible shaving rash. Tried the Phillishaves and couldn't stand them...found they never got that close and replacing a full set of heads was nearly £40! Have used the Braun self cleaning ones for about 8 years and swear by them. It's also a case of pays your money, takes your choice. I bought the top of the range one (£180 at the time!!!) but it has lasted me years.

wishihadadonkey

I've just been thru the whole electric razor saga with both my husband … I've just been thru the whole electric razor saga with both my husband and son, the amount we've gone thru is unbelievable!in the end they both have exactly the same [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FPhilips-HQ7390-17-Williams-Rechargeable%2Fdp%2FB001AW8I3S%2Fref%3Dsr_1_2%3Fs%3Ddrugstore%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1305285073%26sr%3D1-2]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HQ7390-17-Williams-Rechargeable/dp/B001AW8I3S/ref=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1305285073&sr=1-2[/url]and both find them great, oh esp has sensitive skin, and apart from a rash the 1st few times of use, has been fine, I'm told the trick is to shave every day so your skin gets used to it.

Id say the williams philips shaver is rubbish compared to the nivea philips one i had previously, it goes far too slow which makes it unconfortable for me where as the other was very fast and smooth with or without the nivea gel in it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ide to sata converter56
      2. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      4. GAP Insurance Recommendations22

See more discussions