Groups
    EXPIRED

Electric Shaver Required for Very Sensitive Skin. Rep Available to any good finds :-)

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. Basically I am looking for a high spec electric shaver for very sensitive skin. Price isn't really an issue - once I find a highly recommended product I will search for the best price accordingly.

Basically I wet shave all the time (Gillete Fusion Stealth), but unfortunately I have very sensitive skin and my face is subject to razor burn and dry skin all the time. I use moisturiser but it still gets dry and painful. Well this has resulted in me shaving every 3 to 4 days, but my girlfriend doesn't like it!!

I have used an electric Philips Shaver before, but didn't get on with it, but I think I only paid about £50, so it could be something to do with that.

Please can anyone recommend a decent electric shaver - I'm willing to pay serious money for a reliable high spec shaver that will suit sensitive skin, but thought I would ask what people's recommendations are first. Rep available for any good advice.

Thanks in advance

5 Comments

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

fantastic4an electric shaver...would recommend highly:thumbsup:....must admit i sometimes do go for a mach3shave also too:oops: though best electric shaver ive ever used!!good price but ul find the refils can become expensive too:x

hope this helps!
    Shane

Original Poster

shaneomac;3823613

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4429450/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C10199659/c_2/2%7Ccat_10199659%7CMen%27s+grooming%7C10199726/c_3/3%7Ccat_10199726%7CMen%27s+shavers%7C10199727.htmfantastic4an electric shaver...would recommend highly:thumbsup:....must admit i sometimes do go for a mach3shave also too:oops: though best electric shaver ive ever used!!good price but ul find the refils can become expensive too:xhope this helps!Shane

Top man Shane, cheers for advice. I'd been looking at this one actually, but its good to get some 1st hand advice. Rep added. :thumbsup:

no worries-id buy it quickly though,there`sonly1left in northern ireland at this price!(lisburn)
    Cheers
    Shane

I'd be surprised if you can find an electric razor that will give less irritation than a wet shave.

I had one of the older philips nivea razors, and although I don't get much irritation with a wet razor, I got quite a bit with the philips.

If it is the route you want to go down though, comet have the slightly lesser 8020 model at just over £30 just now, I may be wrong but I don't believe that the shave is any different between these models and its just the fancier features that makes the difference in price. May be a more worthwhile buy for you incase it doesn't work out.

I presume you have tried using different shaving gels, for the best shave with regards to least irritation, I can't see past king of shaves oil, but I don't like the feel of it on my hands

Anyway, hope the information is of use.

Ali

I've got to use Gillette for the shaving gel. I ran out of it about a year ago, and the only stuff left was a gift set I got from Next.

What a mess I was after it.!

I've always been a wet shaver as well. What are the benefits to dry shaving?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value23
      2. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1217
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1128
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1953

See more discussions