Found 8th Mar 2010
Hi peeps,

Electric Shower question, any help would be appreciated.

I have an electric shower that is fed form the mains water system, problem is when another tap is turned on in the house the shower is not getting enough water and it suddenly gets very hot.

Can I solve this by connecting a pump to the water feed or is this not possible as its running from the mains water?

Or is it possible to reconnect the water to the shower from the water tank in the loft and then put a pump on it?

Anbody suggest an answer and/or a pump that might be of use.

Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

Banned

you cant pump water to an electric shower

Banned

dont run water whilst having a shower, works ok here

Banned

actually, the thermostat in your shower should prevent scolding so may help to replace that / or new shower

Original Poster

csiman;8046378

actually, the thermostat in your shower should prevent scolding so may … actually, the thermostat in your shower should prevent scolding so may help to replace that / or new shower

Its a pretty new shower, so assumed it would be built in?

can't get a pump on it as you cant use pumps on electric showers. you could try using a shower from your taps using a thermostatic tap valve, , that is if your pressure is good enough.. have to say electric showers are generally just naff.unless you are ready for the hassle of changing it, i would live with it.or like sassie said, don't run the water when having a shower!

Banned

Find the mains stop cock and see if it can be opened a bit more.
I open mine fully and then back it off half a turn, so it doesn't stick open.
A bit more pressure might help.
Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch33
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?66
    3. What stereo cable is this? (Please click to view image)22
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person45

See more discussions