Groups
    EXPIRED

Electric Shower best deal advice please?

My shower thermostat has just packed up and a friend told me to buy a triton but there are loads!
    Best find so far is Triton Hawaii at £50 8.5kw argos
    Triton Madrid II 8.5kw £65 Argos
    Triton Ivory 8.5kw £66 Homebase
    Triton Cara 9.5kw £67 B&Q
    Triton Cara 10.5kw £76 B&Q
    Triton Jade 8.5kw £89 save £30 Homebase
    Triton Ivory 10.5kw £89 save £30 Homebase

Creda 8.5kw with 4 power settings? £60 Argos?

Anyone know which would be best please? (bearing in mind I have £50 vouchers for argos!!!) Oh and I will try and fit it myself!

Thanks for any help

8 Comments

If you're planing on installing it yourself, I'd go for one that has the water inlet feed pipe in the same position as the shower you're replacing.
    That makes the job easy, no need for any plumbing work - a simple swap over :thumbsup:

Make sure that you dont buy one with a lesser kW rating than the one you're replacing. We' bought a Triton Enrich (8.5kW) from screwfix a couple of weeks ago and it is completely rats!

The 10.5kW will be much better than the 8.5kW.

Original Poster

oh never thought of that thanks I will go check!

hi, if you are going for a 10.5kw make sure your electric cable is suitable. I replaced an 8kw for 8.5kw and every now again it was tripping the fuse. got a m8 to check it out and he said the cable I had was teetering on its max for the 8.5kw. I upgraded cable to 15mm i think.

Im a sparky mate rule of thumb for cable size is (if cable is not longer than 20 metre)

6mm cable /40amp mcb max/ 8.5kw (less than 20 metre of cable)

10mm cable / 50 amp mcb/ 10.5 kw (less than 20 metre of cable)

If new install always install 10mm cable minimum

Also check your double pole switch is rated to take the current your shower will use. Also to comply with 17th edition shower should be on rcd.

Original Poster

Well put an ad on freecycle just incase and a very nice chap has offered me a Triton T80 (and shower rail and curtains) which a mate recommended.
    I currently have a Heatstore Aqua Plus but it doesn't say what KW so I have emailed heatstore to ask them.
    My cable is from downstairs across 15ft ish room and then upstairs.
    I will have a go at doing myself but will switch power off just incase........ :whistling:

Just replaced my old triton with the Triton Madrid from Argos £65. Excellent. As previous message check your water inlet. It makes it much easier to replace.

fifitrix123;7414804

Well put an ad on freecycle just incase and a very nice chap has offered … Well put an ad on freecycle just incase and a very nice chap has offered me a Triton T80 (and shower rail and curtains) which a mate recommended.I currently have a Heatstore Aqua Plus but it doesn't say what KW so I have emailed heatstore to ask them.My cable is from downstairs across 15ft ish room and then upstairs.I will have a go at doing myself but will switch power off just incase........ :whistling:

What size is your mcb that is marked up for shower, with that info i can tell you shower you can use with what you have, below details might help you

32 amp mcb=== 7.2kw max
    40 amp mcb===9.2kw max
    45 amp mcb===10.3kw max(usually can get away with a 10.5kw but could sometimes trip)
    50 amp mcb===11.5kw max

The above takes into acount that the cable size was correctly calculated and installed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69
      2. Curry haggle price?910
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills22
      4. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)11

See more discussions