Electric Shower Issue

Found 27th Jun
Hi,

Currently got a Triton Cara (Budget range, i know) installed.
Turn to hot setting but any cold water comes out until i put water on through the taps in the sink/bath. Same situation when water is hot, if you then put the taps on anywhere in the house i hear a clicking noise and it will go cold for 1-2 minutes, then click again and turn back hot.

Sorry if my description of this is poor.
Does anyone have any suggestions to what my issue may be?

Thank you!
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenBathroom
10 Comments
Airblock/low pressure ?
Sounds like it may be some kind of flow sensor has gone, it adjusts the heat based on the flow in the shower. You may also find there is a small mesh filter in the shower when the water connects in which has become clogged.

Try downloading the installers guide from the manufacturers website, there is normally a troubleshooting guide in it.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Jun
cmdr_elito27th Jun

Sounds like it may be some kind of flow sensor has gone, it adjusts the …Sounds like it may be some kind of flow sensor has gone, it adjusts the heat based on the flow in the shower. You may also find there is a small mesh filter in the shower when the water connects in which has become clogged.Try downloading the installers guide from the manufacturers website, there is normally a troubleshooting guide in it.

kester7627th Jun

Airblock/low pressure ?

Thank you both for your reply.
Pressure is just under 1 on the boiler dial so presume it has something to do with this.
Is there anything i can to increase my pressure, overall the force out the taps across the house is very poor. For both hot and cold.

Again, thank you in advance
You can use a pump with an electric shower but there is another type of pump a plumber may be able to install for you to help with the pressure. Another thing to check is your stop cock or tap under the sink is fully open. Might also be worth asking your neighbours about their pressure to see if it’s common in your area
GlasgowPTFC3 h, 19 m ago

Thank you both for your reply.Pressure is just under 1 on the boiler dial …Thank you both for your reply.Pressure is just under 1 on the boiler dial so presume it has something to do with this.Is there anything i can to increase my pressure, overall the force out the taps across the house is very poor. For both hot and cold.Again, thank you in advance

When my boiler pressure goes down I top it up with water to bring the pressure back up.

Do you own the property or are you renting?
sicklysweet6 m ago

When my boiler pressure goes down I top it up with water to bring the …When my boiler pressure goes down I top it up with water to bring the pressure back up. Do you own the property or are you renting?

Thanks for the reply.
I own the property.
Sorry if it is a silly question, but can you please confirm how i top up?
GlasgowPTFC13 m ago

Thanks for the reply.I own the property.Sorry if it is a silly question, …Thanks for the reply.I own the property.Sorry if it is a silly question, but can you please confirm how i top up?

I would suggest you google the instructions for your boiler as they’ll all be different, but for mine I need to open two taps within the boiler and the water starts filling the system up. When the pressure is back in the green part of the gauge I turn the taps back off.
As far as I'm aware that shower should be cold water mains fed only. Are you sure it is plumbed in correctly?
Your boiler pressure has nothing to do with your electric shower or mains water pressure.
sicklysweet29th Jun

I would suggest you google the instructions for your boiler as they’ll all …I would suggest you google the instructions for your boiler as they’ll all be different, but for mine I need to open two taps within the boiler and the water starts filling the system up. When the pressure is back in the green part of the gauge I turn the taps back off.

Thanks for this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants