electric shower problem...

Found 26th Jun
Hi, just looking for a bit of help with my Triton Shower..(Triton Aspiante)
I have power to shower and all lights are on, however, when I press button to get water through, it just seems to hiss like a kettle boiling for a few seconds, then just stops and no water at all comes out!!!
Does anybody have any ideas what it could, and how to fix it please?? It is a 8.5kw electric shower.....
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenBathroom
23 Comments
Maybe a blocked pipe inside, could open it and make sure all pipes are okay, best option maybe to replace shower instead of faffing about with it or get an engineer out
Probably Solenoid
as .MUFC, or one of the internal switches we had an issue with ours and it was the same they dont last for ever. If under warranty they will come out and fix it, but probably easier to replace it than fix it if not. Have a google you might find the same model under a different name than the one you have.
Or the fix price fix they offer. Used to be £100 ish.
.MUFC.1 h, 3 m ago

Probably Solenoid

Changed solenoid !!
poolielad4 m ago

Changed solenoid !!

Could that one be faulty too?.

Have you the option to return it or have a multimeter?
34145973-JsLZr.jpgThis is the shower opened, like i say when I turn shower on no water comes out, but the big black thing ( i am guessing its the heater element) gets very hot!! But still no water at all!!!
.MUFC.42 m ago

Could that one be faulty too?. Have you the option to return it or have a …Could that one be faulty too?. Have you the option to return it or have a multimeter?

No option to return it mate, had it a couple of years now, think a mate may have multimeter, but away for a couple of days!!
Sounds daft but can you get cold water out if it ?
The shower is probably shutting down due to anti scold device. The heater sounds like it's warming up though.
poolielad4 h, 6 m ago

[Image] This is the shower opened, like i say when I turn shower on no …[Image] This is the shower opened, like i say when I turn shower on no water comes out, but the big black thing ( i am guessing its the heater element) gets very hot!! But still no water at all!!!

Tectite fitting on the shower, that will be fun to remove!

You should be able to check the solenoid is becoming magnetized with a suitable screwdriver.
themorgatron15 m ago

Tectite fitting on the shower, that will be fun to remove!You should be …Tectite fitting on the shower, that will be fun to remove!You should be able to check the solenoid is becoming magnetized with a suitable screwdriver.

What do you mean please about tectite fitting??
kester7652 m ago

Sounds daft but can you get cold water out if it ?The shower is probably …Sounds daft but can you get cold water out if it ?The shower is probably shutting down due to anti scold device. The heater sounds like it's warming up though.

No water at all!!
poolielad21 m ago

What do you mean please about tectite fitting??

The copper pushfit fitting onto the shower is not easily removed should you have to change the shower. You also don't want to damage it because you can't get to the nut behind the tile.
Right, I have traced the problem to the black solenoid on the circuit board, when i give it a tap it kicks in and water comes out ok... My question is, can I just replace the black solenoid on the board or do i have to change the full circuit board
I think I need the full board,(I think this one is discontinued) so whats the alternative and whats the best price i would get it for??
Thans
themorgatron26th Jun

The copper pushfit fitting onto the shower is not easily removed should …The copper pushfit fitting onto the shower is not easily removed should you have to change the shower. You also don't want to damage it because you can't get to the nut behind the tile.

Right, the time as come, i need to change the shower, just doing like for like, but, as this man said, I am having problems getting the pushfit tecite fitting off... can anyone please tell me how i get this off please??
You could if competent remove board and re solder joint....seem dry joint on solonoid, if you tap it and it kicks in.
poolielad10 h, 36 m ago

Right, the time as come, i need to change the shower, just doing like for …Right, the time as come, i need to change the shower, just doing like for like, but, as this man said, I am having problems getting the pushfit tecite fitting off... can anyone please tell me how i get this off please??

Depending on what's the fitting behind the tile-

-If the copper tectite is a stem elbow going into a speedfit fitting you should be able to push sf collet with needle nose pliers and wriggle out.

-If it's an ordinary tectite elbow onto copper I would cut the elbow at the bend then use a screwdriver/pliers to push other part of fitting further down then back out.

-If it's a swivel elbow, keep turning the elbow in the hope to release nut. If that doesn't work make hole bigger and get some small grips onto the nut.

You have enough room to make that hole bigger by stitch drilling around it, I find glass tile bits best for the ceramic tiles, no good on porcelain though.
themorgatron1 h, 50 m ago

Depending on what's the fitting behind the tile--If the copper tectite is …Depending on what's the fitting behind the tile--If the copper tectite is a stem elbow going into a speedfit fitting you should be able to push sf collet with needle nose pliers and wriggle out.-If it's an ordinary tectite elbow onto copper I would cut the elbow at the bend then use a screwdriver/pliers to push other part of fitting further down then back out.-If it's a swivel elbow, keep turning the elbow in the hope to release nut. If that doesn't work make hole bigger and get some small grips onto the nut.You have enough room to make that hole bigger by stitch drilling around it, I find glass tile bits best for the ceramic tiles, no good on porcelain though.

34482043-WJqG7.jpgThis is what I have mate....not really sure what you mean if I am honest...
poolielad17 m ago

[Image] This is what I have mate....not really sure what you mean if I am …[Image] This is what I have mate....not really sure what you mean if I am honest...

Get a plumber in
poolielad10 h, 59 m ago

[Image] This is what I have mate....not really sure what you mean if I am …[Image] This is what I have mate....not really sure what you mean if I am honest...

90% sure it's a stem elbow going into a speedfit fitting behind the tile.

You need to push in the white collet/ring behind the tiles, try to apply even force from all around, as you do this push the copper fitting into the wall. When the ring is pushed in you then need to wriggle/pull the copper fitting out away from the wall.. If you're familiar with a speefit fitting, and how they work, you will know the technique.

The key is not just yanking the copper away from the wall, pushing it in releases the tension on the grab ring.
themorgatron1 h, 10 m ago

90% sure it's a stem elbow going into a speedfit fitting behind the …90% sure it's a stem elbow going into a speedfit fitting behind the tile.You need to push in the white collet/ring behind the tiles, try to apply even force from all around, as you do this push the copper fitting into the wall. When the ring is pushed in you then need to wriggle/pull the copper fitting out away from the wall.. If you're familiar with a speefit fitting, and how they work, you will know the technique.The key is not just yanking the copper away from the wall, pushing it in releases the tension on the grab ring.

You are !00% spot on mate, thats how I got it out, but unfortunatly not till I had knocked a 2" by 2" hole in tile around piping..lol..
But i managed to fit new shower without replacing the full tile...i just filled hole... thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants