Groups

Electric Toothbrush

Can anyone recommend an electric toothbrush please? I'm going around in circles as there are so many! Thanks

27 Comments

My dentist recommended getting the basic model of a decent brand. He said all the bells and whistles on the more expensive versions weren't worth the expense.

Oral b 9000 £100 thereabouts

Haven't checked recently, but Asda or Sainsburys normally have their Electric Toothbrushes reduced at this time of year. I got a Colgate something or other last December, reduced from £90 to £30.

Original Poster

MrSpooniverse

Haven't checked recently, but Asda or Sainsburys normally have their … Haven't checked recently, but Asda or Sainsburys normally have their Electric Toothbrushes reduced at this time of year. I got a Colgate something or other last December, reduced from £90 to £30.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look, there's just so many different ones.

Original Poster

the porter

Oral b 9000 £100 thereabouts

Thank you so much

Original Poster

kingk123

http://www.littlewoods.com/oral-b-pro-9000/1600101602.prd?

Looks brill, bit expensive but brill, thanks for taking the time to reply

Original Poster

Mildlytight

My dentist recommended getting the basic model of a decent brand. He said … My dentist recommended getting the basic model of a decent brand. He said all the bells and whistles on the more expensive versions weren't worth the expense.

Now I like his/her way of thinking, there's so many different ones, it's so confusing. There's round ones, whitening ones, the possibilities are endless, different brands, different offers, I'm so confuzled right now, thanks

shywallflower

Looks brill, bit expensive but brill, thanks for taking the time to reply

​happy to help

I looked into this and it was between the Oral B 600 or pro 2000 for me. In the end either would do but went for the pro 2000 as it has a pressure sensor which lights up if you brush too hard. But the 600 is also worth considering as this was one that my dentist recommended. Basically the higher the number the more brushing modes they have.

I'd avoid Oral-B. I bought one less than a year ago and it died on me two weeks ago. When I placed it on the charger, it charged a tny amount so that the head would spin far too slowly to do any cleaning, and for about 10-12 seconds, then it would stop. Thrown it away now. Won't be going back to Oral-B but am watching and waiting for This to come down in price... and it HAS, so I just bought one.

kingk123

http://www.littlewoods.com/oral-b-pro-9000/1600101602.prd?

Overkill!!

Debenhams had oral b discounted this week. I should of posted it as a deal. The oral b 600 is naff and is always on offer, it don't have much go. The basic models just lack power I find after using a better ones. The one I seen was the 900? Can't remember to be honest as was in a rush but what ever it was they were selling at £45. Down from £100. Maybe national

wayners

Debenhams had oral b discounted this week. I should of posted it as a … Debenhams had oral b discounted this week. I should of posted it as a deal. The oral b 600 is naff and is always on offer, it don't have much go. The basic models just lack power I find after using a better ones. The one I seen was the 900? Can't remember to be honest as was in a rush but what ever it was they were selling at £45. Down from £100. Maybe national

have.

Maybe still have. Was loads at Gloucester. Worth looking in a store if you have one near you. Wish I took picture now and posted. Problem was its what I wanted for Xmas and my partner was with me so did not want to stand looking just incase it's better and cheaper than the one currently wrapped and hidden in the house. Lol.

Original Poster

wayners

Maybe still have. Was loads at Gloucester. Worth looking in a store if … Maybe still have. Was loads at Gloucester. Worth looking in a store if you have one near you. Wish I took picture now and posted. Problem was its what I wanted for Xmas and my partner was with me so did not want to stand looking just incase it's better and cheaper than the one currently wrapped and hidden in the house. Lol.

That's so thoughtful of you! I'm sure you'll be happy with the one you get, thanks for the advice

Original Poster

squiff

I'd avoid Oral-B. I bought one less than a year ago and it died on me two … I'd avoid Oral-B. I bought one less than a year ago and it died on me two weeks ago. When I placed it on the charger, it charged a tny amount so that the head would spin far too slowly to do any cleaning, and for about 10-12 seconds, then it would stop. Thrown it away now. Won't be going back to Oral-B but am watching and waiting for This to come down in price... and it HAS, so I just bought one.

I was thinking of the oral B one, now I'm back to square one. Thanks for sharing that though.

shywallflower

I was thinking of the oral B one, now I'm back to square one. Thanks for … I was thinking of the oral B one, now I'm back to square one. Thanks for sharing that though.

It's important to point out that thousands of people are happy with their Oral-B toothbrushes. It's just that I got a duff one.

Original Poster

Evouk

I looked into this and it was between the Oral B 600 or pro 2000 for me. … I looked into this and it was between the Oral B 600 or pro 2000 for me. In the end either would do but went for the pro 2000 as it has a pressure sensor which lights up if you brush too hard. But the 600 is also worth considering as this was one that my dentist recommended. Basically the higher the number the more brushing modes they have.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated

Original Poster

squiff

It's important to point out that thousands of people are happy with their … It's important to point out that thousands of people are happy with their Oral-B toothbrushes. It's just that I got a duff one.

The chances of that aye? Never mind, thanks again

shywallflower

The chances of that aye? Never mind, thanks again

No idea!

Perhaps this one (havent checked, could be cheaper elsewhere) boots.com/en/…98/

I'd say having an indicator you arent brushing too hard is useful, other gadgets not worth the cost

Original Poster

buzzard

Perhaps this one (havent checked, could be cheaper elsewhere) … Perhaps this one (havent checked, could be cheaper elsewhere) http://www.boots.com/en/Oral-B-Smart-Series-4000-Sensi-Clean-Electric-Toothbrush_1856198/I'd say having an indicator you arent brushing too hard is useful, other gadgets not worth the cost

Now that looks a good one, thanks so much

buzzard

Perhaps this one (havent checked, could be cheaper elsewhere) … Perhaps this one (havent checked, could be cheaper elsewhere) http://www.boots.com/en/Oral-B-Smart-Series-4000-Sensi-Clean-Electric-Toothbrush_1856198/I'd say having an indicator you arent brushing too hard is useful, other gadgets not worth the cost

Not trying to advise what to buy but I had a friend who bought a similar model that gave you info on how you were brushing your teeth etc and it cost him over £100. Turned out to be an expensive toy in the end. Was great at first but he soon got bored of it so now it's just used as a normal toothbrush.

Original Poster

Evouk

Not trying to advise what to buy but I had a friend who bought a similar … Not trying to advise what to buy but I had a friend who bought a similar model that gave you info on how you were brushing your teeth etc and it cost him over £100. Turned out to be an expensive toy in the end. Was great at first but he soon got bored of it so now it's just used as a normal toothbrush.

That's what I'm afraid of, I don't want to pay too much for one for it to either give up the ghost after two weeks. Thanks for the input.

Well my family have had a number of oral B brushes - tend to last us a minimum of 2 years and some more like 4 or 5. Used twice a day and your dentist will notice the difference over a manual brush. But if you want cheap this has a pressure sensor debenhams.com/web…B9A

Original Poster

buzzard

Well my family have had a number of oral B brushes - tend to last us a … Well my family have had a number of oral B brushes - tend to last us a minimum of 2 years and some more like 4 or 5. Used twice a day and your dentist will notice the difference over a manual brush. But if you want cheap this has a pressure sensor http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_324008003180MISC?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=7827942&placmp=SSH_6999963655_345931581_34827795814&mkwid=sQnmJ6GEP%7cpcrid%7c156289631401%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cpdv%7cc%7cprd%7c7827942&gclid=CO3Dlab8-tACFRUo0wodOEwB9A

That could be the one! Thank you for taking the time to reply again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Furniture Sliders21
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22
      4. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?34

See more discussions