Electric toothbrush

Posted 2nd May
Hi I’m after some advice as to what electric toothbrush to buy. I’ve looked at the Oclean x pro and oral B 2500 and leaning towards the Oclean. Any advice appreciated on the best electric toothbrush for the money. Any brands. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
For the last 8 ish years ive used Oral b.
We are using 2, 2000 models and have a two pack ready for when they give up.
Oral-B Pro 2 2900 Set of 2

Edited by: "bigwheels" 2nd May
ellenw02/05/2020 10:55

You've missed a good Oral B deal, identical to the Smart 4 4000. …You've missed a good Oral B deal, identical to the Smart 4 4000. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/oral-b-teen-white-electric-toothbrush-2799-at-argos-ebay-free-delivery-3443602eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oral-B-Teen-Smart-Electric-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-with-2-Brush-Heads-13-Years/153914425361?epid=15023065220&hash=item23d603c011:g:MawAAOSw~yteqwzq

That eBay seller has 1 feedback, is it your account??
Misslovely02/05/2020 11:09

That eBay seller has 1 feedback, is it your account??

No, I don't have eBay account, just found the cheapest Teen brush on there. I didn't look at the feedback, maybe not a good idea then.
Edited by: "ellenw" 2nd May
ellenw02/05/2020 10:55

You've missed a good Oral B deal, identical to the Smart 4 4000. …You've missed a good Oral B deal, identical to the Smart 4 4000. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/oral-b-teen-white-electric-toothbrush-2799-at-argos-ebay-free-delivery-3443602eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oral-B-Teen-Smart-Electric-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-with-2-Brush-Heads-13-Years/153914425361?epid=15023065220&hash=item23d603c011:g:MawAAOSw~yteqwzq

Thanks I want spend a bit more say £50ish although that looks good
bigwheels02/05/2020 10:56

For the last 8 ish years ive used Oral b.We are using 2, 2000 models and …For the last 8 ish years ive used Oral b.We are using 2, 2000 models and have a two pack ready for when they give up.Oral-B Pro 2 2900 Set of 2

Great will check them out
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 £52.80 philips.co.uk/c-p…ush
I've got a 12% off code if you want it
Sonicare or Oral B
I have the oclean x and its brilliant, so much better than oral b, battery lasts for ages, 5x longer thsn oral b, cleans so much better and its smart so you connect it to your phone which is actually quite a handy tool
niconelove02/05/2020 15:34

I have the oclean x and its brilliant, so much better than oral b, battery …I have the oclean x and its brilliant, so much better than oral b, battery lasts for ages, 5x longer thsn oral b, cleans so much better and its smart so you connect it to your phone which is actually quite a handy tool

Thanks I want hear from people who have the Oclean X or the Pro and know much about it. I’ve not used aliexpress before how much should I pay, and do you know if there’s much difference between the Oclean x and the Oclean x pro?
asif02/05/2020 15:36

Thanks I want hear from people who have the Oclean X or the Pro and know …Thanks I want hear from people who have the Oclean X or the Pro and know much about it. I’ve not used aliexpress before how much should I pay, and do you know if there’s much difference between the Oclean x and the Oclean x pro?

Not sure about the difference but i got mine from amazon for £48 as i dont trust these chinese websites
niconelove02/05/2020 15:38

Not sure about the difference but i got mine from amazon for £48 as i dont …Not sure about the difference but i got mine from amazon for £48 as i dont trust these chinese websites

Great thanks for the info
Can't understand why anyone would want to pay a small fortune for an electric tooth brush . Basically there are just two types sonic or pulsating. The bit that does the work is the actual brush and I can't see any much difference between a £15 and a £200 one unless you really need a phone app to tell you when your teeth are clean. Currently using a sonic brush bought in Aldi 4 years back and it does a good job according to my dentist. Think it was about £17 and got 5 spare heads when they were reduced for £2 ( originally £4).
yorkie1202/05/2020 16:17

Can't understand why anyone would want to pay a small fortune for an …Can't understand why anyone would want to pay a small fortune for an electric tooth brush . Basically there are just two types sonic or pulsating. The bit that does the work is the actual brush and I can't see any much difference between a £15 and a £200 one unless you really need a phone app to tell you when your teeth are clean. Currently using a sonic brush bought in Aldi 4 years back and it does a good job according to my dentist. Think it was about £17 and got 5 spare heads when they were reduced for £2 ( originally £4).

True, you can also clean well with a manual brush and never have problems

Can't understand why anyone would want to pay a small fortune for an …Can't understand why anyone would want to pay a small fortune for an electric tooth brush . Basically there are just two types sonic or pulsating. The bit that does the work is the actual brush and I can't see any much difference between a £15 and a £200 one unless you really need a phone app to tell you when your teeth are clean. Currently using a sonic brush bought in Aldi 4 years back and it does a good job according to my dentist. Think it was about £17 and got 5 spare heads when they were reduced for £2 ( originally £4).

Neither can I. Think it's big con myself.

Had 2 electric toothbrushes from Aldi, both lasted less than a year, with the battery gone on both (bought 1, was working well then bought another one for the wife, but she didn't like it. After a few months, my toothbrush became unresponsive, so started to use the wife's spare one. After a few months of use, again, the buttons became unresponsive too. Never again Silvercrest.
I'm a Sonicare girl myself and have used them for years (before that, it was Ultrasonex, back when the toothbrushes were a bit more pricey to purchase).

Electric Teeth is a good resource if you need some help deciding. They even have a Sonicare Vs Oral-B? article.
louiselouise03/05/2020 02:23

I'm a Sonicare girl myself and have used them for years (before that, it …I'm a Sonicare girl myself and have used them for years (before that, it was Ultrasonex, back when the toothbrushes were a bit more pricey to purchase).Electric Teeth is a good resource if you need some help deciding. They even have a Sonicare Vs Oral-B? article.

Thanks that’s really helpful
I've used a sonicate diamond and whilst it felt very good I was disappointed it stopped working after 2 years. Whilst that may sound like a good life span for a £100+ toothbrush I tend to agree it wasn't worth it.
BluebirdRobin03/05/2020 04:16

I've used a sonicate diamond and whilst it felt very good I was …I've used a sonicate diamond and whilst it felt very good I was disappointed it stopped working after 2 years. Whilst that may sound like a good life span for a £100+ toothbrush I tend to agree it wasn't worth it.

You probably know this already but Sonicare have a 2 Year Warranty - I always register mine online when I receive a new one.

I had a HealthyWhite replaced a few years back that died within a few weeks of its warranty expiring (turning on of its own accord in the middle of the night - the power button had gone rogue. Some blame it on water getting into the battery well/rubber seal - there are tutorials to fix it - even how to replace the battery if you're feeling adventurous. The toothbrush rattling away on the sink gave me a ruddy fright!).

Philips send out replacement (refurbished) handles for warranty claims, at least, they did back then.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 3rd May
louiselouise03/05/2020 04:23

You probably know this already but Sonicare have a 2 Year Warranty - I …You probably know this already but Sonicare have a 2 Year Warranty - I always register mine online when I receive a new one. I had a HealthyWhite replaced a few years back that died within a few weeks of its warranty expiring (turning on of its own accord in the middle of the night - the power button had gone rogue. Some blame it on water getting into the battery well/rubber seal - there are tutorials to fix it - even how to replace the battery if you're feeling adventurous. The toothbrush rattling away on the sink gave me a ruddy fright!).Philips send out replacement (refurbished) handles for warranty claims, at least, they did back then.

That must've scared you, paranormal activities?
madoka_ayukawa03/05/2020 01:40

Had 2 electric toothbrushes from Aldi, both lasted less than a year, with …Had 2 electric toothbrushes from Aldi, both lasted less than a year, with the battery gone on both (bought 1, was working well then bought another one for the wife, but she didn't like it. After a few months, my toothbrush became unresponsive, so started to use the wife's spare one. After a few months of use, again, the buttons became unresponsive too. Never again Silvercrest.

I'm afraid Silvercrest are Lidl not Aldi but normally have a 3 year warranty too. We both have the Aldi 'Visage' ones and they are still going strong. Did have battery fail on my Philips flosser after 18 months , they did replace the unit , just pointing out that even the top brands get the odd problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions