Found 4th Oct 2010
Any ideas would be helpful.Basically got up this morning with no electric it had tripped on the trip box,only thing running was the clock on cooker,fridge freezer,alarm clock,and my humax.It seems to do this now and again,the electrics were all done new 3 yrs ago so i cant see it being a fault on the box,my thought was cud it be the cooker because every few months it takes about 6-7 attempts to get the oven started when switching it on {it keeps tripping out} but cud it actually be a problem there when only the clock is running on the oven overnite,no idea really,just any ideas b4 i have to call out an electrician which will cost me a fortune.
Thanks

11 Comments

Banned

The oven should be on a ring of it's own and should only be tripping it's fuse not the others, is that what you're saying?

If that's the case I would seriously suggest getting an electrician to check it. A lot of current running through that circuit. Although probably cheaper (most will rip you off) to get a new oven fitted.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 4th Oct 2010

Original Poster

well when the cooker trips out it usually switches everythin out, tv etc

Banned

julieg

well when the cooker trips out it usually switches everythin out, tv etc

Who installed the electrics?

Do you know if the oven has a thick enough cable, high enough fuse rating?
Edited by: "lumoruk" 4th Oct 2010

If your oven wasn't ON (except the clock) It is unlikely to be that. Look at your fridge freezer as the compressor will cycle on/off all the time the fridge/freezer is ON. An earth fault or overcurrent can cause the RCD to trip.
Ovens are a common source for tripping (insualtion breaks down when hot - if faulty). But as you state only the clock was on - this is unlikely

Did it rain last night,might be a problem with some outside lighting if you have any

Did you have any lights on,or put any on in the night,did a bulb blow at all,my electrics trip sometimes when a bulb goes.

Banned

deb8z

Did you have any lights on,or put any on in the night,did a bulb blow at … Did you have any lights on,or put any on in the night,did a bulb blow at all,my electrics trip sometimes when a bulb goes.

time to call in an electrician lol

lumoruk

time to call in an electrician lol

Nah,it's rare it happens (_;)

Earthquake?

If everything went off it would have tripped the RCD. So there is an earth fault somewhere on the circuit. Get a sparky in.

Original Poster

Thanks every1 for yr replies,called an electrician to be on the safe side
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset47
    2. Camera lens44
    3. amazon prime question11
    4. good place to buy stocks33

See more discussions