Electrical Appliances - What make to go for?

18 replies
Found 8th Feb 2010
Ok first it was the dishwasher that went... fair play its 10 years old so i can get over that.
Now the beeping Washing Machines gone.

Washing Machine was Hotpoint Aquarius and has caused nothing but problems, had it about 3 or 4 years. Don't want to go for that make again.

What make is surpose to be most reliable?

Is there any where i can get them from that i get a 3 yr quarantee with (without having to pay extra)

thanks

18 Comments

hotpoint norm very reliable you could just be unlucky

Banned

woul;d never buy anything hotpoint again, many do extra warrantys, some have been doing 2years and some 5 years, worth keeping ya eyes peeled, i just got a bosch washer, couldnt wait for a deal as mine went bang, this comes with a 2 yr warranty, when i phoned to register it they wanted £140 for the extra 3 yrs to cover it for 5 years

I like my Bosch appliences...never had any bother with anything from them

I would recommend Bosch as well. Mine's been very reliable and it gets a lot of use.

Original Poster

I know i bought both mine together a washing machine and dishwasher. 5 year quarantee they quoted int he shop, anyway door spring snapped off after 12 months so asked for a new one. They said thats fine but wanted £60 to fit it. I said what about the 5 year quarantee they said thats for PARTS not labour. Even when i bought it i ahd them out 3 times to it, it hadn't been put together properly. The door rim is ALWAYS slimy and yucky! It's definitely the worst we have had.

Sassie i have just had a look on JL and they now offer 2 year quarantee, but alot more upto 5 years.

What a pain.

Wouldn't EVER go for Hotpoint again. I think Indesit is their company too

Grr

Bosch

Banned

there was a thread on here other day for awasher with 5 yr warranty i think, cant remember whose it was

Deffo Bosch, dont go for indesit, hotpoint, servis, zanussi, hoover and many more lol

sassie;7789928

there was a thread on here other day for awasher with 5 yr warranty i … there was a thread on here other day for awasher with 5 yr warranty i think, cant remember whose it was

new panasonic but its been pulled apperently despite newspaper adds pus it wasnt cheap

I have heard Miele are great, but expensive, I have always had Zanussi never had any problems

Banned

Another Bosch owner here for nearly five years with no hitch. Saying that I'm sure a lot of people can say similar about their brand too.

livingthelife07;7790028

I have heard Miele are great, but expensive, I have always had Zanussi … I have heard Miele are great, but expensive, I have always had Zanussi never had any problems

I was told Miele and seemens are good....but like you say, they are expensive.

master_chief;7790053

Another Bosch owner here for nearly five years with no hitch. Saying that … Another Bosch owner here for nearly five years with no hitch. Saying that I'm sure a lot of people can say similar about their brand too.

exactly just your donald duck at the end of day

Miele are by far the best when it comes to washing machines. Had my last one for 15 years with no problems. Bosch is very good also, got one atm.

i can highly recommend a miele washer/dryer,,,large upfront cost but an excellent machine,,,

I got this one last year:

samsung.com/uk/…rl=

Have had no issues with it at all, and managed to get a free 6 year warranty as part of a promotion Samsung were doing at the time. The warranty and promotion was through Samsung themselves, so it might be worth calling them and asking if they are going to be doing any more offers like that in the near future

Panasonic washing machines are great ( new here in Europe but best sellers in Japan).
Very quiet, quick and very energy efficient!
They still have a 5 year warranty if purchased via John Lewis ( claimed by redemption form)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions