Electrical help - two way light switch

Posted 19th Nov
      Hi,

I need to move a two way light switch from one side of a breeze block wall to another.....there isn’t enough length on the existing cable to feed it though. So I’m going to need to use electrical blocks to extend the cable, then feed the new length through. Do I need to use an electrical block for each individual cable or can I group them together and then use a single cable on the other end of the block and just feed that through. If I can what grading of cable would I need?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Dan
      3335278.jpg
      Community Updates
      Misc

Groups

7 Comments
      You need a junction box or a connector box or similar principles such as inline cable connectors, using connectors like that is dangerous.

39032867-Xtmbz.jpg

39032867-YxQMm.jpg
      Best to use crimps or Waygos, alternatively replace complete cable length.
      hubcms19/11/2019 18:31

Best to use crimps or Waygos, alternatively replace complete cable length.

Or, if asking get a sparky to do it.
      Change it to a smart switch? Costly but easy fix?
      Mixed coloured wiring, black and grey used as live, what could possibly go wrong for this amatuer electrician?

That is an easy fix for someone competant, and using connector blocks is not dangerous as long as they are the right rated amp, it's what they are designed for.
      SaltyExpert19/11/2019 19:58

Mixed coloured wiring, black and grey used as live, what could possibly go …Mixed coloured wiring, black and grey used as live, what could possibly go wrong for this amatuer electrician? That is an easy fix for someone competant, and using connector blocks is not dangerous as long as they are the right rated amp, it's what they are designed for.

You can use black and grey for live. The switch is wired using 3 core and earth cable.
      kash201320/11/2019 18:57

You can use black and grey for live. The switch is wired using 3 core and …You can use black and grey for live. The switch is wired using 3 core and earth cable.

I know, struggling to find where I said it couldn't be used

You can use purple pink or rainbow coloured. It's a wire < don't do this
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions