Groups

Electrical sockets controlled via harmony remote?

We have 3 lamps that we have on every night. At the moment we have to manually turn them all on (such a hardship I know....) was thinking about getting timers for them but thought it would be cooler if I could press 'activities - lights' on my harmony 525 instead.

Possible?

4 Comments

The Lime Energy Saving Plug will do it. Quite expensive but you can get the first one for free:
    hotukdeals.com/fre…390

Cheapest way, obviously, is the Morrisons 3-for-£5 remote controlled plugs, but they have their own (RF) remote control that isn't compatible with Harmony.
    Edited by: "nick1austin" 8th Jan 2011

Banned

I have remote controlled plugs and my harmony 515 wouldnt accept the IR code at all.

csiman

I have remote controlled plugs and my harmony 515 wouldnt accept the IR … I have remote controlled plugs and my harmony 515 wouldnt accept the IR code at all.

Remote control plugs are usually wireless (RF). Only the Lime Plug is IR.

Original Poster

Just went for three remote controlled plugs from Morrisons in the end. £4 and saves messing around
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions