Electric/Alexa controlled blinds

Posted 13th May
Hi everyone, has anyone got any experience with electric blinds or attachments to make them smart blinds. Had a look at some online forums but most info is out of date or American, ideally would like it to work with my Alexa. Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Heck, I can't even train hubby to open and close them properly.
joyf453613/05/2020 21:19

Heck, I can't even train hubby to open and close them properly.

Venetian or roller?
IKEA have recently released some. Dont knowing they're any good ikea.com/gb/…31/
Ikea sell some smart roller blinds which I believe work with Alexa
I install blinds for a living and could give you some advice on the best options out there.
There's a guy on YouTube I follow called Paul Hibbert, who does videos about all things Smart Home. He has done a couple of videos covering smart blinds, which are worth a watch
ryankeegs2813/05/2020 22:51

I install blinds for a living and could give you some advice on the best …I install blinds for a living and could give you some advice on the best options out there.

40741262-Xm0oy.jpg

I install blinds for a living and could give you some advice on the best …I install blinds for a living and could give you some advice on the best options out there.

And..... why don't you?
britlad14/05/2020 06:43

And..... why don't you?

For starters it would depend what type of blinds they and what motors they have.

Not really sure how this site works Britlad just come across this and thought I could offer to help. There are two main options that would be louvolite home hub which tends to be a cheaper option. This would allow you to connect louvolite products to the hub which pairs to your router. There is also a system by somfy which you would need a hub called somfy tahoma or conexoon. In my experience somfy are the best more intelligent motors to work with. All are worth looking into as they allow you to do different things like set timers. With these things added on to the set it this will allow you to pair them to Alexa and other things like google home.

Hope that helps.
Marvellous!
And welcome to HUKD.

Could you please advise best place to purchase bifold door blinds online I will be grateful. Thanks
rambobambo14/05/2020 08:16

Could you please advise best place to purchase bifold door blinds online I …Could you please advise best place to purchase bifold door blinds online I will be grateful. Thanks

Hi I am sorry but I can’t recommend any as don’t know what the quality would be like and also price. I would avoid having push fit blinds and they tend to slip down and lose tension. I would have them fixed in the recess of the beading if possible. You can get someone round to give you a free quote and it will help you on what’s available. We manufacture our own blinds so sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.
rambobambo14/05/2020 08:16

Could you please advise best place to purchase bifold door blinds online I …Could you please advise best place to purchase bifold door blinds online I will be grateful. Thanks

Thanks for the help, would you mind if I shared a link to what we were thinking and you could give your view. We we thinking of getting similar type as you say, bracket slips behind the beading.
conservatoryblinds.co.uk/bi-…ds/

These are the best options for bifold doors. This is our website but it will help you get an idea if you wanted to sorted something online elsewhere. Hope that helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions