Groups

Electricity Bill for 2 Bed Apartment, 1300 sqf?

Hi could you please let me know what would be an average electircity bill for 2 bed apartment?

Thanks

30 Comments

Id say approx 900-1000 depending on usage

Original Poster

Forsaken;5119758

Id say approx 900-1000 depending on usage

Im estimating around £80 per month... Fingers crossed im more less right :thinking:

zaro777;5119809

Im estimating around £80 per month... Fingers crossed im more less right … Im estimating around £80 per month... Fingers crossed im more less right :thinking:

I would have thought even that was a lot x x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5119824

I would have thought even that was a lot x x

I though so too, but after googling and seing that some people pay £1k pa for a one bed dont know what to think or estimate... x

zaro777;5119894

I though so too, but after googling and seing that some people pay £1k pa … I though so too, but after googling and seing that some people pay £1k pa for a one bed dont know what to think or estimate... x

We have a large 4 bed semi, 6 people in here. I run the dishwasher/washing machine/clothes dryer several times a day. My adult sons bedroom looks like he could land planes with the electronic crap he has in there, my girls have their own tv's computers, games machines etc. I work from home and there is pretty much someone here 24/7. Our elec bill is about £80 a month.

If yours was more than 60 I'd be amazed.

Just budget carefully your first six months or so x x

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5119925

me too, I'm in a 3-bedroom house, and mine's only £40 a month, then again … me too, I'm in a 3-bedroom house, and mine's only £40 a month, then again my gas is £40 too and I'm quite tight (think Steptoe and Son, yes those fingerless gloves come in handy) lol

I think Im right with my £80, as there is no gas... BTW im tight too, so I hope we can manage with around £50pm :oops:

Well I know someone who just got 1 bedroom and he pays out about £20 a week by key meter type thing.It depends on what type of heaters they are,there those elec heaters on the walls,then you got storage heaters, then depends if your using heaters that are free standing like halogen ones you can buy yourself. All heaters probably got different running costs,there so many sorts.
    The heating by elec and to get hot water will be the most expensive,when I lived in flats the elec bills in Winter were crazy. Then depends if you nowhere to hang out washing if your going to be using a tumble dryer,they expensive item to run,under high drainage items.
    I suppose expect at least a good £1K a year.

starsparkle2311;5119925

me too, I'm in a 3-bedroom house, and mine's only £40 a month, then again … me too, I'm in a 3-bedroom house, and mine's only £40 a month, then again my gas is £40 too and I'm quite tight (think Steptoe and Son, yes those fingerless gloves come in handy) lol

lol sweetie.

I shoulder be tighter too. I notice my eleven yr old when she makes a cup of tea measures exactly the right amount of water she needs before she boils it, but otherwise getting the kids to turn off stuff instead of just leaving it running constantly is a nightmare.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5119953

Well I know someone who just got 1 bedroom and he pays out about £20 a … Well I know someone who just got 1 bedroom and he pays out about £20 a week by key meter type thing.It depends on what type of heaters they are,there those elec heaters on the walls,then you got storage heaters, then depends if your using heaters that are free standing like halogen ones you can buy yourself. All heaters probably got different running costs,there so many sorts.The heating by elec and to get hot water will be the most expensive,when I lived in flats the elec bills in Winter were crazy. Then depends if you nowhere to hang out washing if your going to be using a tumble dryer,they expensive item to run,under high drainage items.I suppose expect at least a good £1K a year.

yes our water heating is gas thats an extra 40 a month.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5119945

We have a large 4 bed semi, 6 people in here. I run the … We have a large 4 bed semi, 6 people in here. I run the dishwasher/washing machine/clothes dryer several times a day. My adult sons bedroom looks like he could land planes with the electronic crap he has in there, my girls have their own tv's computers, games machines etc. I work from home and there is pretty much someone here 24/7. Our elec bill is about £80 a month. If yours was more than 60 I'd be amazed.Just budget carefully your first six months or so x x

Oh, thanks! My only concern is that there is no gas and therefore heating will bring the bill up :-(
    xx

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5119953

Well I know someone who just got 1 bedroom and he pays out about £20 a … Well I know someone who just got 1 bedroom and he pays out about £20 a week by key meter type thing.It depends on what type of heaters they are,there those elec heaters on the walls,then you got storage heaters, then depends if your using heaters that are free standing like halogen ones you can buy yourself. All heaters probably got different running costs,there so many sorts.The heating by elec and to get hot water will be the most expensive,when I lived in flats the elec bills in Winter were crazy. Then depends if you nowhere to hang out washing if your going to be using a tumble dryer,they expensive item to run,under high drainage items.I suppose expect at least a good £1K a year.

Cheers! I know that there will be storage heaters - hope they will help...

It all evens itself out really,like a few months ago,I had my Winter bills in,I pay every 3 mths,the main winter gas bill was about £250 and elec was £100.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120017

It all evens itself out really,like a few months ago,I had my Winter … It all evens itself out really,like a few months ago,I had my Winter bills in,I pay every 3 mths,the main winter gas bill was about £250 and elec was £100.

I think we will be wearing two pairs of socks in winter :giggle:

zaro777;5120005

Cheers! I know that there will be storage heaters - hope they will … Cheers! I know that there will be storage heaters - hope they will help...

Make sure they work,specially if you buying,cos your the person who asking about homes that been lost so am I presuming you want to buy a flat.
    My partners brother and partner bought a flat a couple years or so ago,and the storage heaters don't work properly,they bought halogen heaters.

zaro777;5120044

I think we will be wearing two pairs of socks in winter :giggle:

Yeh well I been there with it,trying save pennies,still do with many things but cos kids now can't so much with things like heating,but many years back when we in private rent,we have elec on the key meters and always run into the emergency and many times we gone half a day or so with no elec and just got paid in time to save what frozen food left to not thaw off.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120084

Yeh well I been there with it,trying save pennies,still do with many … Yeh well I been there with it,trying save pennies,still do with many things but cos kids now can't so much with things like heating,but many years back when we in private rent,we have elec on the key meters and always run into the emergency and many times we gone half a day or so with no elec and just got paid in time to save what frozen food left to not thaw off.

Oh dear... I hope that it wont happen to us, but hey that is what makes beggining of your life so special :thinking:...

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120084

Yeh well I been there with it,trying save pennies,still do with many … Yeh well I been there with it,trying save pennies,still do with many things but cos kids now can't so much with things like heating,but many years back when we in private rent,we have elec on the key meters and always run into the emergency and many times we gone half a day or so with no elec and just got paid in time to save what frozen food left to not thaw off.

Yeah, before even considering to buy something we have to be 110% sure that we wont struggle, as this is probaly the worst and the best time to do something like this

zaro777;5120137

Yeah, before even considering to buy something we have to be 110% sure … Yeah, before even considering to buy something we have to be 110% sure that we wont struggle, as this is probaly the worst and the best time to do something like this

for us it's all about finding the right place,I've been in some kind of rented accomodation for last 12 years since moving out of parents. We not really been in position to buy before now but I still think the houses we want to buy some are rather pricey.
    Over on likes on MSE where there are many threads dedicated to house buying and house prices etc,the idea there is you offer 20% off what the 2007 price was,but the price is double now what some want compared to 2007 prices alone.

i have a 1 bed apartment and i use £50 to £60 a month

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120203

for us it's all about finding the right place,I've been in some kind of … for us it's all about finding the right place,I've been in some kind of rented accomodation for last 12 years since moving out of parents. We not really been in position to buy before now but I still think the houses we want to buy some are rather pricey.Over on likes on MSE where there are many threads dedicated to house buying and house prices etc,the idea there is you offer 20% off what the 2007 price was,but the price is double now what some want compared to 2007 prices alone.

It is difficult, but the main thing is to keep looking and i am sure that you will find a right place for the right price!!! Dont give up, we have been ready to buy for the last two years, but up until now havent been able to find the one ( i suppose it is like looking for your other half, you find it when least expect to :-D)...

Original Poster

gamesrus;5120265

i have a 1 bed apartment and i use £50 to £60 a month

Are you trying to save or using as much as you like? How big is your apartment?

I live on my own in a flat and my electric bill for the last 90 days was £58.36. Amusingly my gas bill for the last 2 years comes to an astonishing £7

Most of my electricity usage is probably on the 360 and 42inch Plasma.

zaro777;5120266

It is difficult, but the main thing is to keep looking and i am sure that … It is difficult, but the main thing is to keep looking and i am sure that you will find a right place for the right price!!! Dont give up, we have been ready to buy for the last two years, but up until now havent been able to find the one ( i suppose it is like looking for your other half, you find it when least expect to :-D)...

We only recently started looking,and this week I be doing some viewings,I've got a few mths to buy as due a baby in Sept and I need to be in somewhere by around July at latest so really something needs to come up soon,or I won't move at all for a while after then,will be 2010.
    I'm having a home birth,fingers X so need be settled and unpacked by then. If we buy somewhere that needs a lot of work done then I'll have baby at my Mums house.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120345

We only recently started looking,and this week I be doing some … We only recently started looking,and this week I be doing some viewings,I've got a few mths to buy as due a baby in Sept and I need to be in somewhere by around July at latest so really something needs to come up soon,or I won't move at all for a while after then,will be 2010.I'm having a home birth,fingers X so need be settled and unpacked by then. If we buy somewhere that needs a lot of work done then I'll have baby at my Mums house.

Wow you have some big plans! Hope everything goes well for you and your family. :thumbsup:

Where about are you looking to buy?

Original Poster

MBeeching;5120339

I live on my own in a flat and my electric bill for the last 90 days was … I live on my own in a flat and my electric bill for the last 90 days was £58.36. Amusingly my gas bill for the last 2 years comes to an astonishing £7 :)Most of my electricity usage is probably on the 360 and 42inch Plasma.

That is amazing, so how do you heat your home (using neignbours gas :p)?

zaro777;5120386

Wow you have some big plans! Hope everything goes well for you and your … Wow you have some big plans! Hope everything goes well for you and your family. :thumbsup:Where about are you looking to buy?

Deal,Kent.Been viewed a few already but my partners mum put us off 1 place I liked.

It's dear there,in Dover at moment,alright renting here but my partner won't consider buying here,even though a good 30-50% cheaper and just a few miles away,small distance,big difference in price.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5120413

Deal,Kent.Been viewed a few already but my partners mum put us off 1 … Deal,Kent.Been viewed a few already but my partners mum put us off 1 place I liked.It's dear there,in Dover at moment,alright renting here but my partner won't consider buying here,even though a good 30-50% cheaper and just a few miles away,small distance,big difference in price.

Not sure how much you are planning to spend, but this looks like a lovely house for family, dont know if the area is any good thou... You can always offer £10 -£20k less and see how it goes, they might be willing to consider you, as you can (need) move quick.

rightmove.co.uk/pro…D30

rightmove.co.uk/pro…D40

Or get this and move in when ready

rightmove.co.uk/pro…D60

zaro777;5120466

Not sure how much you are planning to spend, but this looks like a lovely … Not sure how much you are planning to spend, but this looks like a lovely house for family, dont know if the area is any good thou... You can always offer £10 -£20k less and see how it goes, they might be willing to consider you, as you can (need) move quick. :)http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17503843.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E413&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&pageNumber=4&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E413%26minBedrooms%3D3%26maxPrice%3D200000%26index%3D30http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25087439.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E413&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&pageNumber=5&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E413%26minBedrooms%3D3%26maxPrice%3D200000%26index%3D40

Funnily enough,I'm going see those this week,however I'm not that keen on either them. Some might people might say what the f... but the 1st one,there is a funeral parlour just round the corner and I not very keen on going past there cos the smell... ppl say its the stuff they use in there etc. So will I be able to smell it from the house which is just 2 off the place.That's kind of offputting for me,my partner just laughed when I told him.

Its not necessarily about the size of the flat as much as what appliances you use and for how long. Halogen lighting pulls more power than the new low enery lights. High spec power tools or appliances will cost you more to run than something more modest. Other thing to consider is the aspect of the flat and whether you are likely to need lots of additional heating

The bottom link you added in,been enquiring about that here,I asked what would ppl offer,I say 80K ...I asked about it last night.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77742
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231363
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047168
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)63487

See more discussions