Electricity costs?

Found 2nd JulEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi, Just checked my new ovo deal and it states I am going to be charged 27.4p a day standing charge and 15.8 per kw.

What are others paying these days?

My monthly bill is around £50 this time of year and about £80 a month in winter.

I use oil for heating in winter so no gas bill.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
That's high! 24.56p per day standing charge and 12.39 per kw i'm paying for 100% renewable electricity
Edited by: "winifer" 2nd Jul
Depends what area you are in. Some companies offer lower standing charge and higher energy costs and the reverse. If anyone is in a fixed deal then this isn’t worth knowing about as prices have recently increased and those deals are not available anymore (unless signed up in the last few weeks). Try putting your usage into u switch and comparing tariffs
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Jul
winifer28 m ago

That's high! 24.56p per day standing charge and 12.39 per kw i'm paying …That's high! 24.56p per day standing charge and 12.39 per kw i'm paying for 100% renewable electricity

you are not buying into that renewable unit for unit scam are you, save your cash.
Dannyrobbo7 m ago

you are not buying into that renewable unit for unit scam are you, … you are not buying into that renewable unit for unit scam are you, save your cash.

Thanks but i'm already on the cheapest deal from any supplier
Have a look at Ebico…..no standing charge and no fixed contract....no exit fees....been with them for 6 yrs and have no issues...
winifer9 m ago

Thanks but i'm already on the cheapest deal from any supplier

I will have to take your word for it. If the renewable aspect adds any amount of money on though you could save, weather you are with the supplier or not the same amount of renewable energy is generated. Some charge you an extra fiver a month for the pleasure
FIRST UTILITY.... 16.2p dly standing charge. 13.9p per unit.
I've just moved to Utility Point Electric 12.09p, Gas 3.00p and standing daily charge is 11.02p per utility
Edf 18.9p per day standing charge and 13.28p per kwh
10.812p per kwh day

7.738p per kwh night

17.74p per day standing charge

Iresa
Just go on MSE and put in your details and find the cheapest for your area, no point in asking others as it can differ from area to area, and offers to offers.Once you use MSE it will track the market for you to make sure you are on the cheapest, you can get cash back but you might get more on cash back sites but MSE always pays out.

melted43 m ago

10.812p per kwh day7.738p per kwh night17.74p per day standing …10.812p per kwh day7.738p per kwh night17.74p per day standing chargeIresa

Iresa are banned from raking new customers as they are in such a mess, mainly because they undercut everyone and didn’t have the systems in place for all those customers. They have just had the ban extended hopefully they will get through the mess and customers aren’t forced onto other suppliers as customers will see a massive increase in bills if they did close.
Edited by: "eslick" 2nd Jul
I found Simply Switch the best comparison web site. It shows what you are paying per unit and daily standing charge against whatever supplier you click on. I don't want some guesstimate showing how much I will save on their estimate of what I will use in the coming year. I want to compare unit price with unit price and s/c with s/c and make my own mind up. I came across this site last week and it does just that. I went with First Utility.
My PlanTariff:
Simple and Control
Type:
Fixed for 12 Months
Electricity Standing Charge:
17.850p per day
Gas Standing Charge:
18.900p per day
Electricity Unit Rate:
11.550p per kWh
Gas Unit Rate:
2.756p per kWh
Scottish Power
Electric
14.222 day
6.916p Night
18.270p standing charge

Gas
2.617p
18.270p standing charge.

Just about the cheapest tarriff in my area.

Bare in mind when changing suppliers that only some offer warm home discount which is around £140 discount or credit every year.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants