electronic drum kit for beginner husband any advice appreciated.

8 replies
Found 29th Oct 2016
Hi husband wants to learn drumming on an electronic drum kit any ideas on what to get? I'm guessing looking at a few hundred pounds?

8 Comments

Hi, The answer really is, how much do you want to spend?! If he wants a kit that will "feel" like an acoustic kit and all the subtle nuances associated with dynamic response etc, you're looking at quite a bit more than a few hundred pounds! If you're after a beginner's kit that is OK for learning I'd be looking at the Alesis Nitro kit, Roland TD1k or the Yamaha DT400k. They're all around £350-£400 ish. Any cheaper, and the kits are really just toys. Take a look on the GAK site for a decent selection. You're also going to want a drum throne (stool). Hope that helps!

Edited by: "Thunderbug" 29th Oct 2016

a sound proofed shed , ear plugs and apologies for the neighbours

loumar76

a sound proofed shed , ear plugs and apologies for the neighbours

Can't you play with headphones with an electronic drum set?

jeannot18

Can't you play with headphones with an electronic drum set?

Yes you can.

I got the son an ION set. Very good kit and had excellent reviews. It was bout 150 out of maplin.

Original Poster

Thunderbug

Hi, The answer really is, how much do you want to spend?! If he wants a … Hi, The answer really is, how much do you want to spend?! If he wants a kit that will "feel" like an acoustic kit and all the subtle nuances associated with dynamic response etc, you're looking at quite a bit more than a few hundred pounds! If you're after a beginner's kit that is OK for learning I'd be looking at the Alesis Nitro kit, Roland TD1k or the Yamaha DT400k. They're all around £350-£400 ish. Any cheaper, and the kits are really just toys. Take a look on the GAK site for a decent selection. You're also going to want a drum throne (stool). Hope that helps!

Thank you for your help I'll have a look at those

Original Poster

gaz15

I got the son an ION set. Very good kit and had excellent reviews. It was … I got the son an ION set. Very good kit and had excellent reviews. It was bout 150 out of maplin.

Thank you for your help I'll have a look at that one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    2. Driving anxiety.1517
    3. Xbox Newbie34
    4. private number44

See more discussions