Groups

Electronic items with built in Auto Converters

Hi. I'd like to make purchases from the US. I've seen various deals that I'd like to take up (perhaps some of them are useful to someone on the forums), however I cannot find out if electronic equipment has built in auto converters so I can purchase a 2 pin to 3 pin converter for use in the UK.

A few of the items I'm looking at are: Nintendo DS Lite from Amazon [amazon.com/Nin…S... 2&sr=8-1] and the Philips 7" Photo Frame [http://www.amazon.com/Philips-7-I...02&sr=8-1]

I'm told 90% of the items have these auto converters built in, but is there any way of making sure? Amazon has no information regarding the power supply of these items.

All your help is appreciated, Zak.

5 Comments

Original Poster

Someone must have some idea....

Original Poster

Don't all shout at once,:w00t:

Im almost 100% sure that USA DS Lites can be used over here as i know of a few people that have brought them home and used them with a plug convertor

Original Poster

amcol;2718711

Im almost 100% sure that USA DS Lites can be used over here as i know of … Im almost 100% sure that USA DS Lites can be used over here as i know of a few people that have brought them home and used them with a plug convertor

repped :thumbsup: Do you know what other type of electronic items they bought back?

It's pretty difficult to say really, in most cases these days items with a dedicated power supply (rather than using a kettle lead or figure of eight lead to directly plug into the mains) tend to be dual voltage and will run either side of the Atlantic only needing a plug adapter. However I've obviously only seen a comparatively small number of items so can't say for sure about the items you are looking at.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767347
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445

See more discussions