Electronic signature- on a word doc

Found 20th Feb
Is there an easy way to either upload an electronic signature onto a doc? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Depends if you have a scanner and what the document is for. If you want to sign a document and return it by email, print it, sign it & scan it. Alternatively, just scan a copy of your sig and save it as a .jpg which can then be included in a Word (or similar) document.
Unless you are talking about digital signing which is a whole different ball game.
Sign a piece of paper, photograph it using your smart phone and email the picture to yourself. On the pc download the image and save it to your machine. Open the word document and click insert picture, pick the image and then just resize. Done.
Yeah. Just insert a picture of your signature. You may need to crop it using the phones editing features. That's it. Done
cmdr_elito5 h, 56 m ago

Sign a piece of paper, photograph it using your smart phone and email the …Sign a piece of paper, photograph it using your smart phone and email the picture to yourself. On the pc download the image and save it to your machine. Open the word document and click insert picture, pick the image and then just resize. Done.

Yep.

To add to this, it's important to add the purpose and a datestamp to the signature. For instance,

33301006-IQD81.jpg....is easy to steal and reuse for malicious purposes, if your data is ever leaked.

33301006-bflpd.jpgwhile looking a bit messy (especially as I've drawn it here, in MS Paint), is much harder to steal. You also have a copy to keep in your own records, should you need to verify or confirm the signature, or discredit a forgery.
Original Poster
Ar460rn14 h, 6 m ago

Depends if you have a scanner and what the document is for. If you want to …Depends if you have a scanner and what the document is for. If you want to sign a document and return it by email, print it, sign it & scan it. Alternatively, just scan a copy of your sig and save it as a .jpg which can then be included in a Word (or similar) document.Unless you are talking about digital signing which is a whole different ball game.

Thanks all, how is a digital signature created, is it different?
Go to this site mylivesignature.com/cre…ep1

Make your signature and copy and paste it into the document. Takes a minute max
SCuboid2 h, 59 m ago

Thanks all, how is a digital signature created, is it different?

Probably easiest to Wikipedia explain - "A digital signature is a mathematical scheme for demonstrating the authenticity of digital messages or documents. A valid digital signature gives a recipient reason to believe that the message was created by a known sender (authentication), that the sender cannot deny having sent the message (non-repudiation), and that the message was not altered in transit (integrity).[1]

Digital signatures are a standard element of most cryptographic protocol suites, and are commonly used for software distribution, financial transactions, contract management software, and in other cases where it is important to detect forgery or tampering.
" HTTPS makes use of a digital signature but they can be used for signing emails and other things.
I used a drawing app on my phone and used a stylus to create my signature, transferred it to and stays on my computer.
dxx20 h, 42 m ago

Yep. To add to this, it's important to add the purpose and a datestamp to …Yep. To add to this, it's important to add the purpose and a datestamp to the signature. For instance,[Image] ....is easy to steal and reuse for malicious purposes, if your data is ever leaked. [Image] while looking a bit messy (especially as I've drawn it here, in MS Paint), is much harder to steal. You also have a copy to keep in your own records, should you need to verify or confirm the signature, or discredit a forgery.

Or just use a work signature. Never use your real signature.
cmdr_elito1 m ago

Or just use a work signature. Never use your real signature.

With a photo editor the purpose can easily be scrubbed out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants