electronics

Found 3rd Jan
how much is average price for just sticking an wire in the consumer box.

as i have an out house next too flat and could free up space, putting tumble dryer in there and maybe s chest freezer as well, consumer box is in that room, and plenty of space on the block with protection flip switches, it literally is sockets, lights, cooker and firm alarm lol.

already a light switch in it

and i can fit the plug and wiring but regulation p stops me from touching the box as right so as i am not qualified but know enough to safely fit it.

but anyways seeing as the guy just got to wire into spare fuse switch, how much reckon it be
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
If you are competent you are within your rights to do it yourself, you will need part p certified as per building regs but you can arrange that via local authority, just submit building notice before you start working, once done building control will sign it off and give you necessary paperwork

If all good they will sign it off, there is a small fee involved but lot cheaper than paying tradesman if you can easily carry out work yourself.

Never had any issues over years. Doing just that in coming week due to relocating business to house and renovating new rooms AND also remove replace leaking extractor fan in bathroom. Saving over £350 minus fee
Edited by: "charleaward81" 4th Jan
Original Poster
i thought add a new circuit ring ring had. to be eltercian job
jonmarz897 h, 20 m ago

i thought add a new circuit ring ring had. to be eltercian job

I think it has to be checked by an electrician but you can do the work yourself. Better off getting an electrician in as you need to calculate wire gauge and also it would be better to run it off it's own RCD so it doesn't trip the house if the dryer shorts out.
Original Poster
kester762 h, 13 m ago

I think it has to be checked by an electrician but you can do the work …I think it has to be checked by an electrician but you can do the work yourself. Better off getting an electrician in as you need to calculate wire gauge and also it would be better to run it off it's own RCD so it doesn't trip the house if the dryer shorts out.

thats the plan, as plenty of space for separate rcd, calculate wire gauge shouldn't be too hard, how much do there charge too check it, many just want a chest freezer in there.

plus it is a council flat, tho there fine with replacing sockets and etc, just had a five year eletric safety test
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 4th Jan
jonmarz8953 m ago

thats the plan, as plenty of space for separate rcd, calculate wire gauge …thats the plan, as plenty of space for separate rcd, calculate wire gauge shouldn't be too hard, how much do there charge too check it, many just want a chest freezer in there.plus it is a council flat, tho there fine with replacing sockets and etc, just had a five year eletric safety test

I couldn't tell you to be honest as last time I got a cable run was for my kitchen electric hob and that was about £250 complete but that was a huge thick armoured cable and an isolation switch installed in a cupboard.
Am I guessing right you have a secured storage space connected (not detached) to your council property, and you want to install a ring main to enable you to utilise this area for large kitchen appliances....?

Presuming you have the permission from the owner (council?), your looking at couple of hours work for an electrician, prices vary across the country, but ball park figure (which I think is what your looking for?) £200 (2 hours @ £100/hour).
Original Poster
andynicol3 h, 30 m ago

Am I guessing right you have a secured storage space connected (not …Am I guessing right you have a secured storage space connected (not detached) to your council property, and you want to install a ring main to enable you to utilise this area for large kitchen appliances....?Presuming you have the permission from the owner (council?), your looking at couple of hours work for an electrician, prices vary across the country, but ball park figure (which I think is what your looking for?) £200 (2 hours @ £100/hour).

yep yep how much roughly just to get them to check the work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions