elegance beds and mattress, anyone used?

Posted 3rd Jun 2019
Evening all, my wife is really fancying a bed from here, but the prices look too good to me, has anyone used them before, I always feel a bit dodgy with facebook as there doesnt seem to be a non facebook page and also no company details for issues...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Is there any comments on their page from genuine customers also try trustpilot for reviews. If they are a genuine company check them out on companies house website as they will have to be registered on that to be genuine. If it's anything like instagram companies the products are gash.
As Facebook marketplace is only open to individuals rather than businesses, no details will be found at companies house. The transaction will be between you and the seller as Facebook is only the platform for the seller to advertise their wares. If there is a problem with faulty goods or misdescription etc, you will have no recourse to Facebook and if you are unable to come to a satisfactory resolution with the seller, you will have to go through the small claims court (if you can locate them).
Looking at the Facebook post questions, they go unanswered by the seller, which seems unusual if they want to harvest orders.
No contact details, lack of individual reviews via a third party website are also red flags.
cash on delivery as an option doesn’t in-still confidence with me that this is a genuine, above board business with true transparency to who and what exactly they are.
Toptrumpet03/06/2019 23:37

As Facebook marketplace is only open to individuals rather than …As Facebook marketplace is only open to individuals rather than businesses, no details will be found at companies house. The transaction will be between you and the seller as Facebook is only the platform for the seller to advertise their wares. If there is a problem with faulty goods or misdescription etc, you will have no recourse to Facebook and if you are unable to come to a satisfactory resolution with the seller, you will have to go through the small claims court (if you can locate them).Looking at the Facebook post questions, they go unanswered by the seller, which seems unusual if they want to harvest orders.No contact details, lack of individual reviews via a third party website are also red flags. cash on delivery as an option doesn’t in-still confidence with me that this is a genuine, above board business with true transparency to who and what exactly they are.

The way the op has worded it sounds like a company. If they aren't registered on companies House then they're not a legitamte company. It's different if it's Susan from Watford selling 1. But if it's somebody trading with a company name then they need to be a registered company otherwise do not touch under any circumstances.
I’m not a member of Facebook, and don’t really understand Facebook Marketplace. I thought it was just a selling platform like gumtree that uses cookies to show you stuff you may like to buy.
Elegance Beds and Mattress this is the link.
I can’t see any genuine mention of a company name or contact number. And looking at the posts by members, the seller hasn’t replied to a single one, even easy questions, like:
is this available in a king size, can I buy without the mattress or what colours are available etc.
Perhaps another kind hukker can ‘log in’ and see if there is any ‘hidden’ details to confirm their authenticity.
cheers guys, appreciate the replies think i will stay well clear!
38304329-CLjTw.jpg
bellarious04/06/2019 21:12

cheers guys, appreciate the replies think i will stay well clear!

Hi, I found your post when I was researching for the same reasons. I decided to order anyway, I paid £20 deposit and the rest on delivery. My bed arrived yesterday and it’s amazing! The delivery guys were really helpful and I received texts saying exactly what time the bed would be with us. I just thought I’d let you know as I was worried it was a scam but it’s not
I have paid the deposit. Said they are delivering today between 4-6 but they don’t have my address and i have been blocked from the page
Any update on the delivery? We’ve just found this company on Facebook and are considering placing an order
i wouldnt shivi, only positive comment was from someone who has only posted once on HUKD and that was to say all was good and then added what looks like one of their stock photos
also joined the same day as they posted which always makes me wary!
Shivi_Shandy05/01/2020 17:32

Any update on the delivery? We’ve just found this company on Facebook and a …Any update on the delivery? We’ve just found this company on Facebook and are considering placing an order

Read this thread from the start.
Avoid.
I ordered a bed from here and they sent me the wrong one, I informed them immediately and sent them pictures and they said I have to pay an additional £145 to be collected, even though it is clearly their fault, they are now not replying to my messages on facebook and email and have blocked me from posting anything on their page, they also ask for cash on delivery and dont provide a receipt, however I have proof by messages between myself and the seller and received the bed which is proof of purchase, as they arent dealing with this amicably I have escalated this further. I would not reccomend buying from this company as you will see there are nothing but good reviews and no bad ones, they obviously delete them!
I recieved my bed from these last Monday, I was a bit unsure about ordering through Facebook but after reading the reviews I thought I’d give it a shot, silly me for not doing any research! My bed is faulty and I’m just getting ignored, if your one of the unfortunate ones like me to receive a faulty bed there’s no customer service so I advise to stay clear!
EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY I ORDERED THE BED ON THE RIGHT AND THEY HAVE SENT ME THE BED ON THE LEFT, ASKED THEM TO CHANGE IT AS ITS CLEARLY A DIFFERENT HEAD BOARD NOW THEY HAVE REFUSED TO SWAP THE BED AND HAVE NOW BLOCKED ME, USING PICTURES OF BEDS THAT ARE NOT WHAT THEY PROVIDE, SHARE HAS DONT WANT THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE
calum.collins12/01/2020 13:57

I ordered a bed from here and they sent me the wrong one, I informed them …I ordered a bed from here and they sent me the wrong one, I informed them immediately and sent them pictures and they said I have to pay an additional £145 to be collected, even though it is clearly their fault, they are now not replying to my messages on facebook and email and have blocked me from posting anything on their page, they also ask for cash on delivery and dont provide a receipt, however I have proof by messages between myself and the seller and received the bed which is proof of purchase, as they arent dealing with this amicably I have escalated this further. I would not reccomend buying from this company as you will see there are nothing but good reviews and no bad ones, they obviously delete them!

Hi, just read your post after recieving my faulty bed today from the same company. I so wish i had read thread before ordering, i feel like i could have wrote what you have myself! Can i ask far you got at escelating this, if at all? Thanks
Lisa_O19/04/2020 18:53

I recieved my bed from these last Monday, I was a bit unsure about …I recieved my bed from these last Monday, I was a bit unsure about ordering through Facebook but after reading the reviews I thought I’d give it a shot, silly me for not doing any research! My bed is faulty and I’m just getting ignored, if your one of the unfortunate ones like me to receive a faulty bed there’s no customer service so I advise to stay clear!

I so wish i had read this thread before ordering. My faulty bed came today too and guess what.. Theyve blocked me too!! 😡
try messaging Katie Steele from above am sure that account is theres
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants