Elementary - Pick TV (Freeview Ch11) Series 4 missing???

Posted 28th Feb
Hi all.

Bit of a silly one; I know; but I happen to be enjoying this show at the moment. A day or two ago I noticed they were showing "trailers" for 'New' Elementary - starting Monday 2nd March. This puzzled me a bit as I thought the whole show was 'new' to Pick (yes, I do know it's an old Sky show) but what puzzled me even more was that tonight's episode (S3 Ep22) precedes the new series on Monday - but it's Series/Season 5 - Ep1. Where's series 4 gone??? Perhaps the TV guide info is incorrect? I've not checked IMDB yet.

I would Email them and ask (as I did Channel 4 when they started bumping all their Sci-Fi shows to 'silly-o-clock' hours on E4) but I wouldn't know who to ask. I had a look for "Pick" but it's Sky and their contact details ping you all over the place. I didn't want to look foolish sending a message to a dept. that has no interest so I thought I'd pop a query on my fave forum and see what others say...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
Hmm, now this is annoying.

7 series of the show.

Series 3 that apparently concludes tonight (Ep22 - The Best Way Out Is Always Through) isn't the last episode. There are 24 episodes of S3 - so we are missing two!

Monday's episode does seem to be S5 Ep1 - Folie a Deux - so; if true; they've skipped a whole series.

Why would they do that???
Could always use something like Kodi to watch it ?
They have mixed up S5 info witrh the S3 episodes.40007397-Apgua.jpg
40007400-Uv0w2.jpg
Arto28/02/2020 16:38

Could always use something like Kodi to watch it ?

Hi Arto. Hope you're well. Nah, I'm not into all that. In all honesty, if they really have dropped an entire series out AND haven't even showed the 'proper' end to S3 I'll stop watching it. Not to be obstinate or anything but it seems pointless to continue if you aren't seeing ALL of it. It just bugs me as to why they would do such a thing?
Phsycronix28/02/2020 16:42

Hi Arto. Hope you're well. Nah, I'm not into all that. In all honesty, if …Hi Arto. Hope you're well. Nah, I'm not into all that. In all honesty, if they really have dropped an entire series out AND haven't even showed the 'proper' end to S3 I'll stop watching it. Not to be obstinate or anything but it seems pointless to continue if you aren't seeing ALL of it. It just bugs me as to why they would do such a thing?

Kodi isn’t for everyone I just thought I would give you an option. It’s why I don’t watch series via normal tv as it’s annoying
fearona28/02/2020 16:41

[Image]

Cheers Fearona. I did wonder that but IMDB usually have the correct 'series' info. S3 should have 24 episodes. We've only had 22. Where do your 'info' pictures come from? On "Freeview" infobar, tonight's ep is 22 - then on Monday it's S5 Ep1.
From sky tv.
fearona28/02/2020 16:47

From sky tv.

I guess the only thing is to wait until Monday and see what happens. It still doesn't explain where Series 4 has gone though. I wonder if the info beside the "Record" button is the incorrect thing and the episode that airs will be S5 Ep1. Time will tell...
TVGuide.co.uk shows Monday's episode as S03E23. I imagine it's right, can't see Pick skipping 2 episodes and a whole season.

40007505-YpZXU.jpg

Although it DOES show season 5 starting on Wednesday.
Edited by: "McShane1" 28th Feb
Season 4 is on amazon prime so may explain it being missing.
fearona28/02/2020 16:55

Season 4 is on amazon prime so may explain it being missing.

That's interesting. I did wonder if it was some sort of licensing issue. I've known this to happen before. That could well explain it.
McShane128/02/2020 16:52

TVGuide.co.uk shows Monday's episode as S03E23. I imagine it's right, …TVGuide.co.uk shows Monday's episode as S03E23. I imagine it's right, can't see Pick skipping 2 episodes and a whole season. [Image] Although it DOES show season 5 starting on Wednesday.

Cheers McShane1. That's another angle - perhaps we will get to see the end to S3 after all.
This has just give me another series to watch so thank you
Arto28/02/2020 17:01

This has just give me another series to watch so thank you

I will say it does have a fair amount of "Meh" episodes but there are also so very good ones too. Some of the 'twists' in characters you recognise from old S.H. lore take some getting your head around. Sean Pertwee (Alfred from TV show "Gotham") does a good turn as Inspector Lestrade!
Phsycronix28/02/2020 17:06

I will say it does have a fair amount of "Meh" episodes but there are also …I will say it does have a fair amount of "Meh" episodes but there are also so very good ones too. Some of the 'twists' in characters you recognise from old S.H. lore take some getting your head around. Sean Pertwee (Alfred from TV show "Gotham") does a good turn as Inspector Lestrade!

Not normally my type of series but it doesn’t look too bad when I watched the trailer
40007716-e7vnS.jpg
Thought I'd just "Google" my query for a laugh and saw an article:

"Elementary - Pick TV (Freeview Ch11) Series 4 missing?"

Had that "Ahaaaa!" moment - clicked it and guess where the article was... Doh!
Best place to check the shows is on Trakt.tv. Some apps allow you to link to Trakt, add your shows, then it gives you a watch next list and air dates, unsure if you can configure to be UK air dates though.

trakt.tv/sho…ary

40008732-gUg05.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Feb
Well, I've sussed one thing out - and it made me a bit cross really. The other two episodes of S3 that I thought were missing ARE being broadcast - at 2AM & 3AM tomorrow morning! Why don't they warn about this? How many people think to look ahead into the early hours for programmes that are a weekly (or daily) event at a certain time?

I only thought about it as E4 did the same with "Fear the Walking Dead." I would have never known the second series was being shown as I'd seen NO ad's for it. Pure, blind luck led me to accidentally slip into the next day on the programme guide where I saw it mentioned. This led me to question them as to why they were bumping all the popular science fiction shows to crazy times. It turned out that if a show is a limited run (or has been cancelled) they don't give them prime time and move them to a 'graveyard' slot. They've now done it with "Star Trek: Discovery" - and that's still a current show! Instead of the 9pm slot, they show movie repeats back to back? Crazy!
cecilmcroberts28/02/2020 19:13

Best place to check the shows is on Trakt.tv. Some apps allow you to link …Best place to check the shows is on Trakt.tv. Some apps allow you to link to Trakt, add your shows, then it gives you a watch next list and air dates, unsure if you can configure to be UK air dates though. https://trakt.tv/shows/elementary[Image]

Trakt scrapes all of their data from IMDB, TMDB and TVDB all of which only have data for when the show aired in its original country.
Channel 4 did this for babylon 5 back in the day. Used to be on at 9pm then they moved it to 11pm.

I guess their ratings weren't as high as they'd hoped for that time slot and because they've paid for the rights they still air it but just move it.
Well, Pick have really "ballsed" their listings up! Yesterday was supposed to be S5 Ep1 - but was; in fact; S3 Ep23. Tonight, supposedly S5 Ep2 - Nope. S3 Ep24. At least they managed to show the last two episodes of S3 but I'd already seen them from last weeks 2AM 'silly-o-clock' showings of the two Ep's back to back.

So - I wonder WHAT will happen tomorrow? Will it be S4 - or will they skip it altogether and go straight to S5? And what episode?

Tune in to find out...
Pick on Freeview (channel 11) are doing it again with the end of Elementary series 5. They are also starting series 6 but broadcasting the first two as stand alone episodes. Currently if you want to record the following episodes you will need to set up an individual timer/schedule for each of them.

Elementary Series 5 Episode 22 - Tue 31/03/2020 3.a.m.
Elementary Series 5 Episode 24 - Wed 01/04/2020 3.a.m.
Elementary Series 6 Episode 1 - Wed 01/04/2020 20:00 (8p.m.)
Elementary Series 6 Episode 2 - Thur 02/04/2020 20:00 (8p.m.)
Edited by: "Charlie-Lee" 4 h, 55 m ago
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants