Groups

Elephant.co.uk Question......

Ok my lass is paying over the odds for car insurance, £98 a month for a 998cc car, amd she has only been driving for 7months lol what a joke, iv called Admiral (cheapest on GoCompare.com) and there coming away with a much cheaper option!

question is,
    If she cancels her policy will she have to pay a penalty
    and as she has only been driving for 7 months will she lose her 1st year no claims for going to another insurance company ?

thanks for any help

11 Comments

usually there is a fee ..its usually how ever many months you have left of your policy times your monthly fee.... some companies also charge you an additional 'administration fee'...the best bet it to check her current paperwork for a 'get out clause', but i doubt it will be free, it a contract afterall

Hope that helps

every policy is different check the terms of the policy or give them a call

Depends on who it is she is with.

dontdothatagain;4132897

Depends on who it is she is with.

It says ....elephant.co.uk

If she pays monthly there should not be any charge other than an admin charge of £15-£25. Because she has kept the policy less than a year it is unlikely that she will get her no claims for that time.

Admiral do a bonus builder policy - take it over 10 months and at the end of the 10 months you have a years no claims!
    My daughter passed her test a year & a half ago and now has 3 yrs no claims cos she had her own policy and car as a learner.

Lulu'sMammy;4132969

It says ....elephant.co.uk

Elephant ARE Admiral :lol:

A pass plus would be a good idea. Try it on the quote and see, it'll pay for itself!

Sorry, just read the op properly! Yes, she will loose the 7 months no claims. I'd say there may be a small admin fee or whatever.

Original Poster

thanks all for the help

Original Poster

they said they will charge Lisa for everyday that she has been covered....which is fair
    but £47.50 for an admin fee..... i bet it only takes 5 min to do the paperwork lol

sheeeeesh!!

saxo_appeal;4149595

they said they will charge Lisa for everyday that she has been … they said they will charge Lisa for everyday that she has been covered....which is fairbut £47.50 for an admin fee..... i bet it only takes 5 min to do the paperwork lol sheeeeesh!!

Im with elephant for mine took the 10month policy to make it cheaper quicker. I remeber getting charged to change a driver on my policy, was not amused.

She will lose the 7months no claims aswell, cause my OH got a compnay car half way through his years policy and he had to send back all his letter and everything before they would cancel it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions