Expired

Elephone P9000

Found 18th Oct 2015
elephonestore.com/ele…tml

I know nothing about chinese phones, LTE bands and all the jargon, all I know is I love my Notes, but after looking for a new phone, I came across this and fell in love, but what I want to know is will this work on 02 ( Tescos ), and are chinese phones even worth getting?.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
I doubt that picture of the phone with the screen going all the way to the side edges is accurate
It's more that its the first phone to use the Helio x20 SoC as to why I want it, but I've always owned Notes so I needed some advise on chinese phones.
I've got the P7000 and it's been great.
Teezgaff

I've got the P7000 and it's been great.

+1
Looks like a heck of a spec!

Best price I can find with a quick Google is at Coolicool, £156 coolicool.com/ele…GBP
I have had the Note 1 for a few years and didnt want to move away from the bigger phone, got the P8000 a few weeks ago and its been great, few issues with signal but not sure if thats coz its an O2 sim I have, really quick and smooth. I think t can be a bit hit ans miss sometimes with Chinese phones as I have read a few issues with them but from my experience its been great so far.
yes it will work on O2 / Tesco 4G ..

from specs

Network Frequency
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20, GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

O2 uses Band 20 / B20

EliTom
elitom

yes it will work on O2 / Tesco 4G ..from specsNetwork FrequencyWCDMA … yes it will work on O2 / Tesco 4G ..from specsNetwork FrequencyWCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20, GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHzO2 uses Band 20 / B20EliTom

​does it work on virgin UK network?
austin316del

I have had the Note 1 for a few years and didnt want to move away from … I have had the Note 1 for a few years and didnt want to move away from the bigger phone, got the P8000 a few weeks ago and its been great, few issues with signal but not sure if thats coz its an O2 sim I have, really quick and smooth. I think t can be a bit hit ans miss sometimes with Chinese phones as I have read a few issues with them but from my experience its been great so far.

Hi, where did you get the phone from ?
shug119

Hi, where did you get the phone from ?

Focalprice but I wouldn't recommend them, took ages to come and the tracking is non existent, charged me extra for express delivery then told me they dont do it for the elephone
Xaiomi have a big reveal in a couple of hours, so look into that, I held off on getting the Elephone for that very reason.
go to the telephone website and double check its packing the helio x 20, as there is some confusion on this currently. elephonestore.com/ele…tml Also, for the money it comes in with specs that Samsung would charge you 3 times more. worth a punt if you've got the means to buy it and regret it later (possibly?) I'm looking at the Elephone Vowney. if you get your handset direct from Elephone then that's probably best. avoid the middleman. they are a pain if things go wrong. one word of warning. when I did get a faulty foreign phone I ended up spending 6 months getting a refund. had to pretend friend the M.D at Prestigious to get my refund. Prestigious = poop.
also if its the Xiaomi Mi note pro that this guy above is mentioning then its quite a bit more expensive than the p9000.
trevoak1

also if its the Xiaomi Mi note pro that this guy above is mentioning then … also if its the Xiaomi Mi note pro that this guy above is mentioning then its quite a bit more expensive than the p9000.

​you mean Prestigio? I have a similar story. they are the worst. had to befriend the top dog also. the only way they would do anything. their service centre in the U.K were immoral and constantly lied about the handset.
Are you not covered if you buy using credit card or PayPal. I only ask as I am looking to purchase a Chinese phone.
wildash66

​does it work on virgin UK network?

I am sure i have heard problems with these phones on the virgin media network, have tried googling but could not find.
allowed

I am sure i have heard problems with these phones on the virgin media … I am sure i have heard problems with these phones on the virgin media network, have tried googling but could not find.

I've got the p8000, and I can tell you, it's an amazing phone, the camera is fantastic, only problem is, that it came pre routed so I can't get some bank apps, also it won't save apps on the sd card, something I never had to worry with Samsung, but it does the job, as for the virgin network, that's what I previously used when I got the phone, until an update, contacted the seller and was told to send the phone back to correct it, but I never bothered as it was a hassle to not have a phone for a couple of weeks and I changed networks in the end as virgin was charging me too much.

Definitely looking into upgrading to p9000 for personal use and the p8000 for work only.

I bought it on eBay paid using PayPal and it came with warranty.

Hope this helps
had the p8000 for 6months and love it. have already paid for the p9000 waiting for it to be released now....just be careful where you buy it from, I got mine from gearbest
I got the LGG4 for £225 in the end

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants