elgato game capture hd system requirements question

6 replies
Found 30th Dec 2015
I'm thinking of buying one to start my YouTube gaming channel, but my worries are that my Laptop which i bought back in 2009 would not run it properly or there could be lag in recording, if anyone bought eglato before and use it with laptop meeting the minimum sys requirement, did u have any issues with elgato, did u laptop overheat?

My spec:
processor: intel 1st gen i5 cup [email protected] 2.27GHz
graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GT 330M with 1.00GB Ram
8 GB Ram

6 Comments

Your laptop will be fine recording footage. You may encounter some problems playing back raw footage on your laptop though, if you need me to I can upload a short raw file for you to test if you need me to. Your specs look fine to me dude, feel free to inbox me if you need any more help, I'm pretty experienced with all the mainstream capture devices and editing software.
Edited by: "INDUSTRYHATER" 30th Dec 2015

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER

Your laptop will be fine recording footage. You may encounter some … Your laptop will be fine recording footage. You may encounter some problems playing back raw footage on your laptop though, if you need me to I can upload a short raw file for you to test if you need me to. Your specs look fine to me dude, feel free to inbox me if you need any more help, I'm pretty experienced with all the mainstream capture devices and editing software.

Could you show me some raw footage plz?

I can only put it on sile sharing website of thats any good too you? if I upld it to youtube then they auto compress it

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER

I can only put it on sile sharing website of thats any good too you? if I … I can only put it on sile sharing website of thats any good too you? if I upld it to youtube then they auto compress it

Use any upload method which is convenient to you, if want to upload to a sharing website i'm fine with it

Original Poster

bump 1

If you plan to transcode as you record (For filesize reasons) then you might need some beefy CPU power/Memory. And plenty of storage as those raw video files quickly take up several hundred gigs.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien635
    2. Android pay set up58
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!22
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?33

See more discussions