Email

Found 20th Jul
2991485-1KC2H.jpg
Im constantly receiving this email, scam? Ive no parcel to be delivered.
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
If it is a fake disguised as a legit firm, email the firms cs your screen shot with your concerns. Probably a long shot but they may help.
Just mark it as spam.
99% spam, just check the email, its probably a bunch of numbers and letters.
Spam, no consignment number, text message received to your phone, and the Track Now box wouldn't be in an email.

This doesn't look like any email I've received from DHL before either.
Definitely spam I clicked the link & it went to a page wanting my dob then from there my address (I faked it all) then on to pages of complete c**p competitions etc...

info@news.fourthfloorblue.com (The email address it was sent from)
Niixxxy21 m ago

Definitely spam I clicked the link & it went to a page wanting my dob then …Definitely spam I clicked the link & it went to a page wanting my dob then from there my address (I faked it all) then on to pages of complete c**p competitions etc...info@news.fourthfloorblue.com (The email address it was sent from)

Huge cahoonas or stupidity, I can't believe you clicked the link.

Hover your mouse over the link and it should show up the address that be where it will send you. Better safe than sorry
Edited by: "BFCsider" 20th Jul
BFCsider4 m ago

Huge cahoonas or stupidity, I can't believe you clicked the link.Hover …Huge cahoonas or stupidity, I can't believe you clicked the link.Hover your mouse over the link and it should show up the address that be where it will send you. Better safe than sorry

Yep, clicking on the link was a mistake as they could get a virus now.
Create a rule with your email provider to auto delete the sender's email address (or the same text featured in the message) and not send it to spam.
jamie01528 m ago

Yep, clicking on the link was a mistake as they could get a virus now.

I did it on my iphone
Niixxxy3 h, 10 m ago

I did it on my iphone

Phones can still get viruses on them you know.
Niixxxy3 h, 16 m ago

I did it on my iphone

There is still a risk of getting a virus on a phone.
Niixxxy13 h, 46 m ago

Definitely spam I clicked the link & it went to a page wanting my dob then …Definitely spam I clicked the link & it went to a page wanting my dob then from there my address (I faked it all) then on to pages of complete c**p competitions etc...info@news.fourthfloorblue.com (The email address it was sent from)

You have just clicked yourself into the spammer's "active recipient" list that will now be sold on to more spammers.
It could be a private investigator just trying to get your details
AndyRoyd6 h, 45 m ago

You have just clicked yourself into the spammer's "active recipient" list …You have just clicked yourself into the spammer's "active recipient" list that will now be sold on to more spammers.

I did not give them my real details
jamie01516 h, 25 m ago

There is still a risk of getting a virus on a phone.

How will I identify I have a virus on my iPhone?
Niixxxy5 m ago

The click-thru you made tells the spammer that your email address is active. Your email address then becomes a spam / spoof magnet cos the spammer knows you read spam / spoof messages, and your "I read spam messages" email address is worth more when sold on than an email address that has no click-thru record. No personal details required.
AndyRoyd1 m ago

The click-thru you made tells the spammer that your email address is …The click-thru you made tells the spammer that your email address is active. Your email address then becomes a spam / spoof magnet cos the spammer knows you read spam / spoof messages, and your "I read spam messages" email address is worth more when sold on than an email address that has no click-thru record. No personal details required.

Is it worth deactivating the email address??
Niixxxy16 m ago

Assuming you are not using a VPN, your click-thru shows your approximate location, your browser (so can tell if PC / Android / IOS / Linux / etc), the time of day you read email, etc. These details form a profile of you regardless of your personal details. A shrewd spammer will now tailor future messages with seemingly attractive (but likely spoofed) special offers for iphone users in YourTownVille and send their spam/spoof messages at a time when you are known to read them, complete with expolits aimed at your specific hardware.
Really?? Even though I do not have my location on.
Niixxxy13 m ago

Is it worth deactivating the email address??

No drama. Just utilise a decent spam/exploit filter and/or foward all your mail to a service that has excellent native spam/exploit filtering (e.g. gmail) and read your (legitimate) email via the forwarded service.
AndyRoyd42 s ago

No drama. Just utilise a decent spam/exploit filter and/or foward all your …No drama. Just utilise a decent spam/exploit filter and/or foward all your mail to a service that has excellent native spam/exploit filtering (e.g. gmail) and read your (legitimate) email via the forwarded service.

Niixxxy2 m ago

Really?? Even though I do not have my location on.

Your approx location has been identified by your IP address that is recorded when you visit the destination of the click-thru.
AndyRoyd2 m ago

Your approx location has been identified by your IP address that is …Your approx location has been identified by your IP address that is recorded when you visit the destination of the click-thru.

Cheers for your knowledge on this matter, much appreciated & I now know what an idiot I must look to you all haha...
Niixxxy1 h, 22 m ago

How will I identify I have a virus on my iPhone?

Not sure, probably best to run a few anti-virus scans but they are not 100% effective. Next time, don't click through unsolicited links as there is the risk that clicking the link will take you to a malicious site that will download malware onto your device.
Edited by: "jamie015" 21st Jul
jamie0154 m ago

Not sure, probably best to run a few anti-virus scams ...

And the prize for best Freudian goes to...
AndyRoyd49 m ago

I was using gesture typing, couldn't have written a more inappropriate phrase!
AndyRoyd1 h, 30 m ago

You should have just left it, I love typos when they turn out fittingly like that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants