Groups

Email account for Kids - Which?

Our daughter is 8 years old and has been asking for an email account in order to email her grandparents and other family members who live the other side of the Uk.

We have no problem with this, but want her to have an account with a provider who offers 'no spam' or good filters.

I understand that no email provider can filter everything, but something better than what hotmail provides would suffice.

I have found a couple of providers that charge for their service, but I'm after a free one.

Can anyone recommend ?

7 Comments

Yahoooooooooologians

Googlemail.

I set one up for someone the other week.

Easy to do, free and no spam.

Also it is very easy to use as it is done through the web interface

Original Poster

Thanks all.

Banned

Just don't give it a common name like John as most spammers spam the name John, then John1, John2, John3 if you understand? So a nonsense name will work better at hiding from spammers.

guilbert53;3806624

Googlemail.I set one up for someone the other week. Easy to do, free and … Googlemail.I set one up for someone the other week. Easy to do, free and no spam.Also it is very easy to use as it is done through the web interface

are you serious I get loads of spam - granted it is sent to the junk file mostly - but you still get sent it

I've have a Googlemail account for about 3 months and haven't had any junk mail at all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317

See more discussions