Email on iPhone help needed

Posted 2nd Sep
My computer has just died. I used office 365 outlook for my emails. My internet addresses are Bt ones. Is there any way I can set up my emails so that I can receive them on my iPhone. I am completely tech illiterate so please can someone explain in simple steps. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
spiffingisay02/09/2020 14:48

Just use the outlook app. Login as you usually would. …Just use the outlook app. Login as you usually would. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596

Thank you. So do I log in with my bt
passwords or my Microsoft account one
Edited by: "Pilsbury12" 2nd Sep
Pilsbury1202/09/2020 14:50

Thank you. So do I log in with my bt passwords or my Microsoft account one

Click add email and use the email address and password of the account you wish to access
Will I be able to access all my saved emails in folders or just new ones?
Install outlook app. Enter Microsoft email and password.

Then when up and working look at settings.. Look for add an account and fill in with your bt email account details. . Then outlook app will pull both your Microsoft and bt emails. Its easy enough to do
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd Sep
Thank you ‘Wayners’ I think I can manage that from your explanation. I don’t suppose you are any good with computers as well are you?
No need for the Outlook app and clog up the phone's storage. Just use the iPhone's built-in Mail app - open it, enter the appropriate settings for your BT email account and you're good to go.
clostridium_botulinum02/09/2020 15:46

No need for the Outlook app and clog up the phone's storage. Just use the …No need for the Outlook app and clog up the phone's storage. Just use the iPhone's built-in Mail app - open it, enter the appropriate settings for your BT email account and you're good to go.

I looked at that but couldn’t work out how to do it because I seem from years ago to have google mail on it and don’t know how to add other accounts. I did warn you I’m not good with technology lol
Pilsbury1202/09/2020 16:01

I looked at that but couldn’t work out how to do it because I seem from y …I looked at that but couldn’t work out how to do it because I seem from years ago to have google mail on it and don’t know how to add other accounts. I did warn you I’m not good with technology lol

Open Settings (the iOS one, not in Mail) and go to Passwords & Accounts > Add Account.
Mclwrth02/09/2020 16:11

Open Settings (the iOS one, not in Mail) and go to Passwords & Accounts > …Open Settings (the iOS one, not in Mail) and go to Passwords & Accounts > Add Account.

If I do it that way will I be able to see all my emails stored in outlook folders on my pc?
Pilsbury1202/09/2020 16:15

If I do it that way will I be able to see all my emails stored in outlook …If I do it that way will I be able to see all my emails stored in outlook folders on my pc?

All your email folders are stored in the Outlook cloud so yes. Just try adding the account as suggested above, in your standard iphone email settings and see how far you can get and what appears
Pilsbury1202/09/2020 16:15

If I do it that way will I be able to see all my emails stored in outlook …If I do it that way will I be able to see all my emails stored in outlook folders on my pc?

No, but most e-mail clients these days will leave e-mail on your email provider's server so you can also download your old e-mails onto your phone.
Just do it and find out..?
The Outlook app sucks, it won't search all your e-mails.
I use Spark, Aquamail is also very popular, very simple to set up your account.

You just enter your BT account username and password and it sets it all up for you.
Bigfootpete03/09/2020 14:08

The Outlook app sucks, it won't search all your e-mails. I use Spark, …The Outlook app sucks, it won't search all your e-mails. I use Spark, Aquamail is also very popular, very simple to set up your account.You just enter your BT account username and password and it sets it all up for you.

Will it give me access to all the emails I already have in folders on outlook? These are more important to me than anything I receive in the future
Pilsbury1203/09/2020 14:13

Will it give me access to all the emails I already have in folders on …Will it give me access to all the emails I already have in folders on outlook? These are more important to me than anything I receive in the future

Yes, everything you have on that account will be accessible on your phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text