Groups

Email settings & Help for thunderbird - UPDATE

Orange broadband email settings on Thunderbird

original was with freeserve

but now on 7 and want to use thunderbird.

need step by step help as my grandfather cant get email sent out but can recive in

The servers he uses for outloook are

Incoming server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

Outgoing server: smtp.orangehome.co.uk

and have been entered into tunderbird but cant sent mail out but can get mail in

8 Comments

not sure if this is what you after but mine is fsnet using outlook express

outlook express : tools>accounts>mail>properties>servers

incoming mail: pop.fsnet.co.uk
    outgoing mail: smtp.fsnet.co.uk

Original Poster

i can get mail coming in

i cant get mail i sent out

I had to sort this out for my In-Laws a couple of months ago (well similar) Windows XP with Outlook and they were stupid settings, so if your still having the problem i might be able to get them next week sometime, but cant remember off the top of my head. It might have been Orange for outgoing, but really cant remember and it was a pain in the bum to find. Let me know,

Banned

richp;7463344

not sure if this is what you after but mine is fsnet using outlook … not sure if this is what you after but mine is fsnet using outlook expressoutlook express : tools>accounts>mail>properties>serversincoming mail: pop3.fsnet.co.ukoutgoing mail: smtp.fsnet.co.uk

Fixed

whats "freeserve" or "now on 7" got to do with anything?
    if hes got a new machine and was using orange mail +thunderbird before, use mozbackup to save settings and retore to new machine.

Original Poster

doing a clean install of windows 7
    xp and vista have outlook where as 7 has windows live mail

so going to have to use an alternative client for orange email

so needs one that will work with windows 7
    and to work with oranget

and havnet used mozila with orange before
    that why i am asking

Banned

jazferbetay;7467110

doing a clean install of windows 7xp and vista have outlook where as 7 … doing a clean install of windows 7xp and vista have outlook where as 7 has windows live mailso going to have to use an alternative client for orange emailso needs one that will work with windows 7and to work with oranget and havnet used mozila with orange beforethat why i am asking

just export account from outlook and import into live mail

Original Poster

comes up with not all setttings exported
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions