Email tracking

Found 27th Mar
Hi, can someone tell me whether there is a way of sending an email that can't then be traced back to me? If I were to set up, say, a Hotmail account and send a msg, could someone find where that message originated from and on what device-specifically mobile phone?
Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
The prize for the most shady question of the day goes to you my friend!
8 Comments
The prize for the most shady question of the day goes to you my friend!
If the police gets involved because you are carrying out criminal activities, then anything is traceable. But if it is just to annoy your ex, then i doubt anyone can find out with data protection blanking everything.
I believe as of a few month ago the police can basically look at whatever they want from mobile phone or basically everything online without a warrant. Vpn won't help as your provider logs stuff. Eg Vodafone or Bt.
They have always been able to do this, but these days just need valid reasoning to monitor in real time. So basically can do whatever they want.
The way to go is pay cash for cheapo mobile on pay as you go and cash top up. wait 30+days for cctv to copy over itself from stores.
Learning how to use telnet would be handy so you can spoof a email
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 27th Mar
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Nothing dodgy or criminal here. Need to send a work related email re some unfair practices but don't want it linking back to me!
Phil789 h, 24 m ago

Thanks for the replies. Nothing dodgy or criminal here. Need to send a …Thanks for the replies. Nothing dodgy or criminal here. Need to send a work related email re some unfair practices but don't want it linking back to me!

Do it in a library
Unsure if hotmail includes this when sending an e-mail, but the recipient may be able to get your IP from the X-Originating-IP header which won't really identify you but it won't be a good idea sending the e-mail from work. Use a public computer (library) or your phone whilst it is connected to 3/4G.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants