Posted 31 May 2010

Email Voucher Problem, What Would You Do?

Recently I posted a problem with an email voucher I received from Kodak offering me 60% off anything in their online shop. After picking the items I want, a £300 camera, 2 32gb SD Cards and a picture frame (roughly about £500 worth), I entered the supplied code only to find it didn't work and didn't amend the checkout basket.

Anyway, today I phoned Kodak and was told that if I buy the items in my basket, pay with my credit card, then send them an email with the invoice number on and a copy of the email they had sent me, they will then refund the 60% discount.

My question is, would you trust them to honour what they've just told me over the phone? You're talking nearly £300 refunded to my credit card!! The camera kit I wouldn't have usually bought, but to get a £300 camera for £119 and 32gb class 6 SDHC cards at £28 is a fantastic deal just before we go away on holiday.

What do you think?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    phone them again to confirm it and record the conversation
    i wouldnt trust them just in case as its alot of money
    phone them and ask if they can do something to amend your code so that it works when using the checkout online as you'd feel safer doing this....
    Author
    It's how to record the conversation. I phoned on my landline and have no way of recording. My only problem is it sounds like it puts you through to South Africa and the guy had a really broad South African accent. I got his name though.

Also in the conditions at the bottom of the email it had these conditions:

"To receive your discount, just add any eligible item to your shopping cart and enter your code at checkout. Code is case sensitive and may be used on one occasion only. Code may not be transferred, assigned or sold. Discount applies on eligible items added to the shopping basket with a maximum purchase quantity of two (2).

Please note that KODAK PLAYSPORT Pocket Video Cameras, clearance centre and refurbished items, accessory bundles, shipping and handling charges are not eligible and do not qualify for this discount.

Codes are valid until midnight on 7th June 2010 and only on purchases made in the Kodak Online Shop (UK). Price discounts cannot be used together or combined with other discount offers. If multiple discounts are applicable to a single item, the highest discount will be automatically applied at check-out.
    "

From the bold section does that mean I can only buy two items, or two of any item? And because I can't see the discount being added, I don't know what's an eligible or not!!
    Call them back and ask for an email confirmation of your conversation. :thumbsup:
    i would just get the original email - ring them up and get them to process over the telephone
    Author
    sn0ttyang3l;8733056

i would just get the original email - ring them up and get them to … i would just get the original email - ring them up and get them to process over the telephone

They don't seem to do that, it's got to be through the online shop. I've just sent an email to the address the operator gave me to send the invoice to asking them to clarify if what he said to me was true.

It's an offer not worth missing if it is true. 60% off is not to be sniffed at.
's avatar