Empire Hut

Posted 27th Jun 2018
Has anyone purchased from Empire Hut (empirehut.co.uk)? Their prices on Samsung Galaxy phones is tempting but I can't find much feedback on them.
Community Updates
Ask
46 Comments
One of the easiest ways is to search on here, if no results it’s definitely a beware. Then check the below link which is usually recommended on here

scamadviser.com/is-…tml
According to Whois.com website registered 16/10/17
scamadviser shows companyregistration no. As 10879795 which matches with that on the contacts page of their website.
Companies House details also match registrants website address.
However the address is a residential address and because the company is so young, no accounts have been submitted to Companies House.
However no paypal option and I don’t like that they tempt you to pay by bank transfer for a 1.5% discount rather than pay by credit/debit card. Obviously bank transfer gives you zero protection.
The returns page does not show their returns address and only directs you to contact their customers services by email. To me that is not true transparency to a genuine online retailer.
Personally I would avoid unless a fellow hukker can prove they areof good repute.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 27th Jun 2018
They are 100 percent legit. Their phones come from UAE that's why they can sell at these prices. Check out their reviews on Trust Pilot. Not a bad one.
@Samantha_Fitzpatrick Welcome to HUKD.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Oct 2018
Hi can did you order from empire hut? I've just ordered after reading reviews on trust pilot, only to discover that trust pilot isn't a reliable source for ratings. I'm unable to find anything else online that can tell me if they are legit. I'm extremely worried now because I haven't recieved any up dates about my order and I've emailed their customer service team with no replies. Feel I've made a terrible mistake 🙈😔
@rachdale09 How did you pay for your order?
@Toptrumpet I paid by credit card
Perhaps get onto the credit card people and see if you can claim the money back as the website is of dubious authenticity coupled with the fact that goods have not arrived and all communication is being ignored.
Good luck and I hope it wasn’t a large ticket item.
P.S the above post by Samantha should be taken with a pinch of salt. A new member just signs up for one day only to put a positive response to their legitimacy never to be seen or heard of again, they probably get paid by empirehut to do Trustpilot reviews.
@ rachdale09 , did you end up getting your order?
anyone else got any info on this company?
@rachdale09
gagan_sharma3 m ago

@ rachdale09 , did you end up getting your order?anyone else got any info …@ rachdale09 , did you end up getting your order?anyone else got any info on this company?

Personal experience here.....
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from the site on Sunday, 11th November. I paid using my PayPal account....Got the phone delivered on Tuesday the 13th November; via DHL. The phone was sealed and brand new. I am based in the UK.

No complaints from me whatsoever....
This review is my own little way of paying the company back for being so prompt with their services.
Does this Empire Hut accept PayPal?
plab.ophilic14th Nov

Personal experience here.....I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from the site on …Personal experience here.....I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from the site on Sunday, 11th November. I paid using my PayPal account....Got the phone delivered on Tuesday the 13th November; via DHL. The phone was sealed and brand new. I am based in the UK.No complaints from me whatsoever....This review is my own little way of paying the company back for being so prompt with their services.

How did you pay with PayPal please? They seem to accept credit/debit only.
rachdale0924/10/2018 18:17

Hi can did you order from empire hut? I've just ordered after reading …Hi can did you order from empire hut? I've just ordered after reading reviews on trust pilot, only to discover that trust pilot isn't a reliable source for ratings. I'm unable to find anything else online that can tell me if they are legit. I'm extremely worried now because I haven't recieved any up dates about my order and I've emailed their customer service team with no replies. Feel I've made a terrible mistake 🙈😔

What happend did they deliver? Or get back to your email?
jazmine.downes5 m ago

What happend did they deliver? Or get back to your email?

Doesn’t look like @rachdale09 has been on this site since then!
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from Empire Hut, the two positive reviews on this thread were made by new account members who have only ever posted their one line experience review on here then never visited the site again.
The cynic in me might think that they are on Empire Hut’s payroll to give positive reviews.
Hi all sorry for not replying, I am not a regular member on this site & only found this thread through Google. Just to update you, I did recieve the phone about 5 days after purchase & also an email back from customer service a few days after posting. The phone was brand new & worked perfectly. It was for my mum who was over the moon. Also just a side note after reading comments, don't be so quick to suggest the other reviews were false, those people may be just like me who don't usually post on sites like this. I would 100% reccomend them
It took me a couple of days to place my credit card order as the SagePay system and the Empire website were causing problems initially. The live chat operator that guided me through the initial difficulties was very patient, helpful and thorough. Once ordered successfully(16th Jan), I had the completely sealed, brand new, perfect dual SIM Samsung S8 phone in my hands within 2 days! Although originating from Dubai in the UAE, the phone was set up in UK English with quick start instructions were also in English. No problems at all with the phone and I can fully recommend Empire Hut. I've also posted this review on Trustpilot and I'm a genuine 67 year old happy customer. Excellent service and value.
@WycombePhil welcome to HUKD and thank you for giving your experience of Empire Hut.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 23rd Jan
Hi, im contemplating buying a galaxy s9 plus from this company. lve just read through these comments but it seems some of them should be taken with a pinch of salt as @Toptrumpet has pointed out. Has anyone got any genuine feedback on them, they seem to be legit to me but you never know ha. Seems like theyre uk based but ship from Dubai which isnt a problem i think.... Only downside i can see is the warranty isnt with the manufacturer direct so you have to deal with empire hut if you have any issues with the device. Has anyone had to send anything back to them and was it a positive outcome? Cheers
Just found this link via Google. I just placed an order today 1.2.19 for a Samsung S9+ for £549 from Empire Hut. I was a bit wary as couldn't find much info on the company turns out that they trade by this name but are registered as Sinclair Group Limited.
There's no option to pay via PayPal and the bank transfer was inviting with 1.5% discount but to stay protected i paid via credit card.
The live chat person Jenny stated should receive order by Monday so fingers crossed....watch this space
I was hooked by the prices of Samsung Galaxy S and Note.
Had a quick online chat with "Jennifer" and enquired about Galaxy Note 8 and 9.
Advised that they are in Leeds and if i was to order tonight (Friday) i would receive my item by Monday (Free postage on anything over £50).
When i asked if the phones are UK models, reply was that they are international models with 2 sim slots, upto user to input 1 sim and use additional slot for expanded memory. All phones are brand new and factory sealed.

Im in 2 minds now as i found a Galaxy Note 9 sealed on Gumtree for £500 cash on collection.
Galaxy Note 9 is £600 on EmpireHut
Do i risk it with Gumtree
Hi, placed an order today for a S8 Dual sim, I’ll keep you updated on progress.

initial transaction easy and straightforward.....
Zaheer_Sabir01/02/2019 01:53

Just found this link via Google. I just placed an order today 1.2.19 for a …Just found this link via Google. I just placed an order today 1.2.19 for a Samsung S9+ for £549 from Empire Hut. I was a bit wary as couldn't find much info on the company turns out that they trade by this name but are registered as Sinclair Group Limited.There's no option to pay via PayPal and the bank transfer was inviting with 1.5% discount but to stay protected i paid via credit card.The live chat person Jenny stated should receive order by Monday so fingers crossed....watch this space

Update...got confirmation email that item has been dispatched. Obtained tracking info using the c9ntact page with empire hut. Delivery date is 5.2.19
fordy196702/02/2019 10:12

Hi, placed an order today for a S8 Dual sim, I’ll keep you updated on p …Hi, placed an order today for a S8 Dual sim, I’ll keep you updated on progress.initial transaction easy and straightforward.....

Update, received tracking number after asking for it. It left UAE today and will be delivered to me tomorrow. Seems a bit quick to me, but let’s see.......
Zaheer_Sabir04/02/2019 00:05

Update...got confirmation email that item has been dispatched. Obtained …Update...got confirmation email that item has been dispatched. Obtained tracking info using the c9ntact page with empire hut. Delivery date is 5.2.19

Phone arrived this morning. Brand new and as advertised...happy days36994102-yrAiy.jpg
Zaheer_Sabir4 h, 14 m ago

Phone arrived this morning. Brand new and as advertised...happy days[Image]

Happy everything went smooth for you
I took a gamble on Gumtree and bagged myself a Galaxy Note 9 UK version sealed in box for £500
fordy19674th Feb

Update, received tracking number after asking for it. It left UAE today …Update, received tracking number after asking for it. It left UAE today and will be delivered to me tomorrow. Seems a bit quick to me, but let’s see.......

Received it 11:30 this morning, brand new and working perfectly, very pleased.
I am thinking of buying from Empire hut as my current phone a Samsung Note 4 has died of natural causes due to it's age. I was looking to buy a Samsung note 9 128 or 512 gb version. £600/ £700 from empire hut seems pretty tempting but not sure about the warranty. I know since the phones are shipped from Dubai it won't be covered by Samsung Europe. The site does say it has a 2 year warranty. Not sure If I should buy from Empire hut due to the warranty hassle.
Edited by: "Shaj999" 12th Mar
For anyone else thinking of ordering from Empire Hut I have ordered a Samsung S8+ on 13/03/19.
So far all I have received is a confirmation of the order. No eta or any other details.

Tried the live chat twice and got 'Jenffier' both times and on both occasions told me that she is unable to check orders but to be patient...

An incident was raised which I received another email for but nothing else. The wait continues but does seem slightly dubious...

I will update if/when I receive anything further.
... Just be careful guys with notes 9 from either ebay or Gumtree... found few of these today

37469546-FpGvJ.jpg37469546-WgkFe.jpg
At first I was very sceptical about buying the Samsung galaxy s8 plus for £355 because the trending price in the uk for that phone is around £700 (At time of writing). I ordered on the Friday and was surprised to see my package arrive so soon from Dubai, on Monday. The packaging was sealed and the phone was perfect. The next day I compared the phone to my friends Samsung s8 plus, which he had ordered from elsewhere for a higher price. The phones were identical apart from a little mark on the back of the phone which says ‘duos’ which is because the phone is the dual sim model. My experience buying this phone was great and would definitely recommend buying the Samsung s8 plus. However I don’t have any other experiences buying from empire hut so I cannot recommend other products they are selling. I do not normally write reviews, but I wanted to write this one because there isn’t much info about this company which made me as a buyer very sceptical as well, and I think the experience empire hut gave me deserves some recognition. Hope this helps.
@Jak_HdU welcome to HUKD
Can any long-standing contributing member give their experience please. This thread seems to be attracting brand new members only.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Apr
Hi i was looking to buy from them but i can only find 3 reviews same reviews on 2 sites i think ill give it a miss

Thanks for the save peps
@Toptrumpet From all of those brand new members reviews it seems like someone could put a lot of effort to make the company look legit, as there is no othet reviews anywhere else. No contact address or number and silly prices. 1 even mentioned you can pay with PayPal which you cannot. I would rather eat both of my shoes than buy from them
Hi everyone. It's sad how the amount of scam websites has made us all suspicious of every single website on the internet. These guys are legit though and they put a huge effort on delivering good customer service, so they deserve some recognition. And at the moment no one else is doing what they're doing - offering a safe way of buying imported phones from UAE - so it's definitely an option to consider if you want a brand new phone for £300 less than UK price. Bear in mind that you will get an international version (which I didn't find any different from the UK version) and you will have to rely on Empire Hut 2 year warranty since the devices are only covered by their original manufacturer warranty in UAE territory. Also the delivery might take a couple days longer than stated, this is something that needs improvement. Read the reviews on Trustpilot, I also commented my experience there. Don't eat your shoes while you could be grabbing a hot deal.
Edited by: "Joao_Barros" 26th May
Toptrumpet10/01/2019 19:00

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from Empire Hut, the two …Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from Empire Hut, the two positive reviews on this thread were made by new account members who have only ever posted their one line experience review on here then never visited the site again. The cynic in me might think that they are on Empire Hut’s payroll to give positive reviews.

This, right here, is all shades of wrong....
People asked for reviews about the "empirehut website" and I gave a personal experience of buying from the site. And I get painted with this aspersion of being on the website's payroll. Really??
Don't make accusations you can not substantiate please. It's very bad....especially when you are moderating a thread...
And yes, I've not been to this page since November 2018....
Terrible accusations... Leaves a bad taste in the mouth....
rtur.mrozinski08/05/2019 12:55

@Toptrumpet From all of those brand new members reviews it seems like …@Toptrumpet From all of those brand new members reviews it seems like someone could put a lot of effort to make the company look legit, as there is no othet reviews anywhere else. No contact address or number and silly prices. 1 even mentioned you can pay with PayPal which you cannot. I would rather eat both of my shoes than buy from them

Yes... I paid with my PayPal account...if you can't pay with yours, maybe you should have a look at your settings or something...
This is ridiculous.....everyone is so suspicious it borders on being paranoid...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions