Groups

Empire Stores advice

hi all . great forum and first post .

i used an £15.00 coupon code that was e-mailed to me from Empire Stores and all went ok or so i thought. got the conformation email telling me what i ordered, the coupon code i used, and how much my card will be charged . order arrives and i check my bank account and they have took the full amount without the £15.00 discount . have been on the fone a number of times over the past 2 week s trying to sort this out " dont ask " . eventually they agree i will be credited my £15.00 back into my bank account , but for the past week or so nothing has been payed in and when i check the " MY ACCOUNT " page on Empire Stores it says Current balance*: -£15.00 . does this mean i have to spend my £15.00 they should not have took in the first place on there stupid store i dont plan on using again or does it just say that in your account untill it gets payed back into your bank account again ? . all and any opinions welcome as i dont really want to spend any more time on the phone to them getting passed around , told someone will call me back and never does , or put on hold for ages like i have been so far....thanks

4 Comments

Welcome along 1st of all

Empire Stores and La Redoute often, when giving card refunds, accidentally put the money back into your "account" since alas some staff do not realise you do not have a credit account but pay by card. This has happened to me on several occassions, and normally they look at my account, realise and process me a refund. Alas this can take upto 10 days it seems.....

BTW, hope you're ringing them on this number 0800 777000

Original Poster

thanks boydent . ill give them a few more days then use that number . i have allready given them my card details over the fone twice to get this resolved . in fact , im so fed up with this company some of the stuff i got doesn't fit and rather than deal with them any more i just want to get my money back , forget about them , and move on im not even sending the stuff back

Thanks for the freephone no. I am having the same problem with Empire stores at the moment.

tamoil

Thanks for the freephone no. I am having the same problem with Empire … Thanks for the freephone no. I am having the same problem with Empire stores at the moment.

Me Too...Have confirmation of use of £15 off voucher - then charged full price.:-( Will phone again this morning!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?68
      2. Nightmare with BT over Broadband11
      3. Monitor for console gaming reccomendations11
      4. Biscuit addiction815

See more discussions