Groups

Empire Stores maybe to Close down business

Wow, we broke them with the 40% discount code i think

business.timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

6 Comments

Maybe not:

The owner, French retail group PPR, is ready to close the home shopping … The owner, French retail group PPR, is ready to close the home shopping firm within a year unless a buyer can be found

Original Poster

I wonder what will happen to the buy now pay next year offers. Will they be written off:-D

Might do some serious ordering (just joking..)
    Edited to "maybe" as thesaint says

Good, they were a real pain about trying to make my son's girlfriend buy a 3piece suite (yes, a 3 piece suite) when she only ordered some flannels on a voucher. What a carry on - you can imagine when they threaten to take £1,500 from your account and initially claim that you can't cancel an order(which you never made!).

Nooooo,
    This is my only catalogue as it is the most convenient. I only buy products that work out cheaper than in the shops either in the sale or by using discount codes. They don't charge delivery or any payment fees unlike their more famous rivals.

marshallka;1481781

I wonder what will happen to the buy now pay next year offers. Will they … I wonder what will happen to the buy now pay next year offers. Will they be written off:-DMight do some serious ordering (just joking..)Edited to "maybe" as thesaint says

Nah, these companies sell off debts to other companies, good money to be made for them.

I ordered from them last week received a confirmation email. Then a day later I emailed their customer services team to request my customer ref number so i could track my order online, only to be informed that of the following:
    Thank you for your email.
    Empire stores is to cease trading at the end of 2008. With this in mind and
    as you have not shopped with us for some time your order will not be processed.
    May we offer you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.
    Kind regards
    Angela Horsfall
    ---
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions