employers are failing to pay me my overtime

Found 6th Aug 2012
i get paid on the 15th of every month and it has come into light AGAIN that payroll have not processed overtime

im now owed overtime from 2 months ago plus any overtime that newly missed over from working last month, im so angry managers filled in missing Overtime on some timesheets and sent them off this will be in the region of 30 hours owed now

i really need this money, i dont do overtime for the fun of it. Is there anything i can do in regards to laws and tribunals and compensation as far as me not getting paid as im basically working overtime for free at the moment and i could end up in financial trouble depending on a few things.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Banned

Ring the payroll department?

im not owed overtime

So whats the problem (_;)

Original Poster

Nailez

So whats the problem (_;)

lmao darn lol

im NOW owed for 2 months

Original Poster

slamdunkin

been done , they are as useless as usual

shifting responsability saying they have a lot to go thru, that would be fair enough but we are talking OT from 2 months pay ago

It is irrelevant whether it is deliberate or incompetence, a person should be paid on time for what they are owed. Do you have a union? At my old work, we had to raid our bank accounts when the unwashed masses were not paid properly!

Name and shame your employers.

tell them you need the money in order to pay your rent / mortgage and that your payment is due on the 16th so you will be overdranw if its not in your account by them.

Thats what we did and got paid by bank transfer same day

Our company have done this before - manual adjustment got it corrected and paid within 5 days - the facility is always there mate - your company HR should support you through this without the need of you taking external actions

Havince

lmao darn lolim NOW owed for 2 months

aye i know matey, ring payroll and demand

It sounds like they are batting off the verbal requests easily. I had a similar problem at a previous workplace, I wrote a letter breaking down each weeks worth of standard hours and overtime hours worked, along with how many hours were paid. At the bottom was a request that my next payslip is corrected and no further mistakes made. They failed, so they got an employment tribunal date hit them instead. They paid up way before the date for me.

Banned

Havince

been done , they are as useless as usualshifting responsability saying … been done , they are as useless as usualshifting responsability saying they have a lot to go thru, that would be fair enough but we are talking OT from 2 months pay ago

Surely the Mcdonalds payroll department isn't useless?

Original Poster

thankyou for all the answers, Kudos for the Union remark i forgot im with them

i currently owed

5hrs pay at 200% *double time*

7hrs pay at 150% *time and a half*

5hrs pay at 100%

plus whatever is missing on the 15th from what i did last month

name and sahme them, they have been named and shamed already in most departments. they better hope i never leave i have enough dirty info on there inability to function to cripple them
Edited by: "Havince" 6th Aug 2012

Banned

Havince

thankyou for all the answers, Kudos for the Union remark i forgot im with … thankyou for all the answers, Kudos for the Union remark i forgot im with themi currently owed5hrs pay at 200% *double time*7hrs pay at 150% *time and a half*5hrs pay at 100%plus whatever is missing on the 15th from what i did last monthname and sahme them, they have been named and shamed already in most departments. they better hope i never leave i have enough dirty info on there inability to function to cripple them

Jizzin in the burgers?

Start formal company grievance procedures via your HR dept,that will do the trick

Mention that you have spoken to ACAS...that will get them moving!

slamdunkin

Stop over complicating things!

is it because your overtime is in dispute?

don't do anymore until they pay what they already owe you.

When I join a new company I quickly assess whether the company seems dodgy or not and join a union if they seem bad.

I have had good advice before from the GMB union without having to resort to formal procedures.

Sadly my current job when I joined would not pay until i had worked for 6 weeks.
Never come across that sort of fiddle before

The payroll department can make an additional payment to you, outwith the usual payroll cycle regardless of where they are in it. When the new Payroll processes come into place next year it will be much harder to do so though.

Tell them you have some Direct debits due and if the money isn't cleared in time they will bounce and you will be seeking repayment of any charges. Which they will be liable for.

Do you want me to do a HUD Wonga, short term loan, no interest. Pay it back when you get the overtime?

DO YOU WANT THE MONIES...

Original Poster

just quick update

as i said missing the hours above. at the moment overtime for last month is ALSO not showing thats another 35 hours

im not the only one either apparently

they have said they have sent everythng off now to get this sorted, guess we will see

Post a comment
@
    Text