Groups

employment help

hi all just wondering if anyone can give me some employment advice.
    all i want to know is if a employer can give you a written warning before you recieve a verbal one.
    would appreciate any help cheers

15 Comments

I think they can, i have had one memo which i think counts as a written, although it wasnt my fault...!

Original Poster

i am the final piece of a production line and things have gone to customers that were wrong and recieved a written warning although all other employees in tye line got away with out any warnings

vinylandtrinkets;5768958

i think it depends on what you did.Ive giving written warnings rather … i think it depends on what you did.Ive giving written warnings rather then verbal when my staff were drinking on duty, the next time the one did it i sacked him, ive also sacked staff without anytype of warnings for things like thieft, being drunk on duty, being abusive to guests, so i really think we'd need to know what you had the warning for hun.

absolutely right-the nature of the offence dictates whether a verbal is given or whether to jump straight to a written or even instant dismissall in the case of gross misconduct.

Original Poster

fair enough looks like looking for a new job then cheers, just dont seem right everyone else gets away with it although the continually make the same mistakes

It will be down to their policy within the workplace - there's nothing written down in legislation to state otherwise.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for the help

Hello I am in Whittington:)

Original Poster

hello not too far away then. great whether

sammonsy;5769329

hello not too far away then. great whether

If you are a duck:x Have some Rep for being local!

Supermod

Ask to see your employers disciplinary procedure. Dependant on the nature of your behaviour they are able to do whatever is contained in the procedural notes. If you need to me study anything then let me know. Drop me a PM, I dont mind.

vinylandtrinkets;5769355

if you feel the warning is unfair hun speak to your Human resources … if you feel the warning is unfair hun speak to your Human resources department to see if you can appeal it.

Do you call the staff at your work HUN at all.

I ask because I have 3 gaffers and one of them says "Awright Pal" every ten minutes or when he passes you. He even says it on the phone. Cant hold my water when I hear him saying it.

Slightly Irritating but it's his thing I guess. I find myself saying it back to him to see if he picks up on it.

:-D

Original Poster

weve got one who always says me duck and everyone quacks when he says it, i realy dont think he realises why we do it

iam no expert,but that dosent sound right to me,if your not quality control then i think you have got a case against your employer,go to your nearest citizens advice, or i have been told that some home insurance policy have a legal help line and if they think that you have been unfairly sacked they will take your case up for you and this should be free.Its worth a try .Whose to say your so called worker mates were being incompetent on purpose,knowing that you would get the blame?

milewide;5769417

Do you call the staff at your work HUN at all.:-D

I hope they don't call the selleck fans that!

Tom selleck has a lot of fans in Scotland... :?

sammonsy;5769004

i am the final piece of a production line and things have gone to … i am the final piece of a production line and things have gone to customers that were wrong and recieved a written warning although all other employees in tye line got away with out any warnings

if you are the final piece and you didnt pick up that the thing was wrong then yes you are to blame as much as the others - they may have got the verbal but you got the written cos you should have checked it last
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions