Groups

Employment Tribunal Costs

A friend of mine is owed wages and the owner of the pub is not paying him. He worked there for a month and was meant to be paid weekly but didnt get paid on time. He got fed up and left. The trouble was he was not being paid on time, not just him but others as well. He was left in charge which was not part of his role.

He has tried to speak to her but she won't listen. He wants to take it to employment tribunal as he is owed £800. My friend is legit and was being paid £8 an hour in his bank account.

I want more info on the costs of employment tribunal. Is it worth him taking the case to an employment tribunal? Will he be able to recover the costs if he goes to a solicitor?

6 Comments

Employment Tribunals are supposed to be user-friendly, so that you can take a case without using a solicitor.
    I am sure the CAB could give some advice, or try employmenttribunals.gov.uk/For…htm

Original Poster

Butterbean

Employment Tribunals are supposed to be user-friendly, so that you can … Employment Tribunals are supposed to be user-friendly, so that you can take a case without using a solicitor.I am sure the CAB could give some advice, or try http://www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk/FormsGuidance/formsGuidance.htm

Thanks for the comment

If you have a local law centre they should give you free advice

Isn't this the sort of thing that's more apt to taking through Small Claims court? Just thinking, because it's about money owed, rather than anything to do with employment issues.

Supermod

..dxx might be right.

Each party in an ET is responsible for their own costs. In the Small Claims track you can get fixed fees added to the debt. You would need to pay disbursements upfront and then add it to the debt.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, I will look into small claims courts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ebid over Ebay67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764193
      3. What do these 2 men have in common11
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156

See more discussions