Groups

Emulating Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4 etc on ps1/psx emulator

Anybody know how to do this without having a physical disc that works? I do have an original copy but i think its a bit too damaged for me to use it, Any way for me to get these classic Tomb Raiders running on an emulator like ePSXe? Tried troubleshooting the black screen freeze a few weeks ago and i spent hours but just couldn't solve the problem... thanks in advance...

13 Comments

Why not just buy them on PC?

If you have ps3 you can also get these on there fairly cheaply

Just buy a new copy of it for a few pounds as it's cheaper than repairing the disc. Also what are you running ePSXe on as you can run the emulator on various platforms. I just assume you're running it on an android tablet with a OTG PS controller.
    It's about £4.99 on steam for PC if you're emulating on that.

If you buy it off GOG for the PC it's a little steeper but there's information on how to patch it for glide support. As tombraider is so damn fugly.

I found a cd key for Euro 33.55 (£28.59) for Tomb Raider collection PC. Or try PCSX-Reloaded

You must be having a graphics problem. Try changing your video/graphics settings and see if that works .
    Any other games you tried on the ePSXe that work without problems ?

Original Poster

kester76

Just buy a new copy of it for a few pounds as it's cheaper than repairing … Just buy a new copy of it for a few pounds as it's cheaper than repairing the disc. Also what are you running ePSXe on as you can run the emulator on various platforms. I just assume you're running it on an android tablet with a OTG PS controller.It's about £4.99 on steam for PC if you're emulating on that.

​Tried to get it to work on the ePSXe android app on my Smartphone and also tried to get ig working on my windows laptop, both failed

Original Poster

gill21

You must be having a graphics problem. Try changing your video/graphics … You must be having a graphics problem. Try changing your video/graphics settings and see if that works .Any other games you tried on the ePSXe that work without problems ?

​Yeah i trouble-shooted it... the problem is something to do with the game having alot of music tracks, but no other games seem to have that issue

Original Poster

Millionvoltage

I found a cd key for Euro 33.55 (£28.59) for Tomb Raider collection PC. … I found a cd key for Euro 33.55 (£28.59) for Tomb Raider collection PC. Or try PCSX-Reloaded

​Pcsx-reloaded, can you confirm that you've got tomb raider to work on that emu?

What spec is your device as the emulator doesn't require much hardware wise so you may need to fiddle with plugins

Original Poster

emodan

What spec is your device as the emulator doesn't require much hardware … What spec is your device as the emulator doesn't require much hardware wise so you may need to fiddle with plugins

​I know my laptop is capable of running ps1 games on emulators... tomb raider is the only game I have the black screen crash problem with, (People have said on forums that help with emulation to download Daemon Tools so that you can mount a virtual drive) but... Those posts are from a few years ago and It's recently came out that they install malware or something similar if you download it now, so I'm not going near it now

prynolfc

​I know my laptop is capable of running ps1 games on emulators... tomb r … ​I know my laptop is capable of running ps1 games on emulators... tomb raider is the only game I have the black screen crash problem with, (People have said on forums that help with emulation to download Daemon Tools so that you can mount a virtual drive) but... Those posts are from a few years ago and It's recently came out that they install malware or something similar if you download it now, so I'm not going near it now

You shouldn't need to as ePSXe is ok with CDDA titles. I would happen to guess your rip is crap ( copy protected/ borked)

Did the game you have come with a .sub file and have you enabled subchannel option ?

Original Poster

kester76

You shouldn't need to as ePSXe is ok with CDDA titles. I would happen to … You shouldn't need to as ePSXe is ok with CDDA titles. I would happen to guess your rip is crap ( copy protected/ borked) Did the game you have come with a .sub file and have you enabled subchannel option ?

​Not sure if it came with a .sub file, I'll look and get back to you...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014471
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      3. word association Game73844457
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value59

See more discussions