Groups

Enabling macro tick box in MS Word 07

Hi im filling out a form which has macro tick boxes, however for some reason they don’t seem to tick when I click the box at all. It’s driving me nuts, iv searched online to see if there’s anything im doing wrong or need to enable but I can’t find anything helpful.

The guidance mentions enabling Active X and macros for the form, but im not sure how/where to do this. Iv tried to do this form on 2 different computers, so frustrating. The form im filling out in for an internship iv literally done the whole form, but now its on to the equal opportunities part and it requires it to be filled out by the check boxes!!

Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!

7 Comments

Original Poster

also i should note, whenever i open the document i do not get any sort of warning that any Active X or Marcos are trying to run. Hm could it be the form hasnt got any?

Have you tried dbl clicking ?
    Edited by: "choc1969" 13th Apr 2011

Original Poster

choc1969

Have you tried dbl clicking ?

aye, several times -_-

Is it an online or offline form ?

Original Poster

choc1969

Is it an online or offline form ?

Its an form iv gotten emailed to me through uni. Is the any chance i can email it you to double check that it is not me but the form, iv tried everything! - No security box pops up to inform me theres macros in the form which is leading me to think theres something either wrong with the form or the compatatbilty.

Iv tried it on both Windows 7 2007 word, and Mac Office 2011!

Actually you can get it from the website, i can PM you a link if you like?

Edited by: "gs-rai" 13th Apr 2011

Yea, PM me a link and i'll have a look

Original Poster

choc1969

Yea, PM me a link and i'll have a look

Hi i ended up contacting the company and apparently there has been issues with the form so it wasnt just me!!

Thank you for you help though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION12
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22

See more discussions