encrypted files ****PLEASE HELP LOL******

Found 16th Apr 2010
Good afternoon to all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me ???
For the last few times i have tried to read certain documents or email attachments it opens in word pad and is encrypted and i cant read it ...I have just had a email i really need to read its a doc file but its encrypted does anyone know how i can fix this its really driving me mad !!!!!!!!!!!
many thanks in advance will make sure i rep for any advice
maria

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

You cant open Word 2007 docs in Wordpad.

There will be no way to read an encrypted file without the encryption key, Why would someone send you an encrypted file without the key ?.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8380354

You cant open Word 2007 docs in Wordpad.

ok thank you how would i change this ???

maria1981;8380366

ok thank you how would i change this ???

Install Word 2007 on your PC
or
Install Open Office on your PC
or
Get the sender(s) of the documents to resend you the files in .doc format.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;8380357

There will be no way to read an encrypted file without the encryption … There will be no way to read an encrypted file without the encryption key, Why would someone send you an encrypted file without the key ?.

lol im useless with all this i have no idea it was a email from my lil ones school ...sometimes happens when i try to read things on web pages too !

Original Poster

at the end of the attachment it says .doc .....if this helps ?

You just need word 2007 viewer:

microsoft.com/dow…=en

Download & install this, then you can open your document files you got sent via email!

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8380373

Install Word 2007 on your PCorInstall Open Office on your PCorGet the … Install Word 2007 on your PCorInstall Open Office on your PCorGet the sender(s) of the documents to resend you the files in .doc format.

ok many thanks :thumbsup:

richx45;8380400

You just need word 2007 … You just need word 2007 viewer:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac&displaylang=enDownload & install this, then you can open your document files you got sent via email!:)

Either this or OpenOffice ([url]www.openoffice.org[/url]). It's free and will let you open word documents.

Does not have to be 2007.

If it was a 2007 file the extension would be .docx

Original Poster

thank you so much have been able to read it..... still some odd encryption but got the important stuff !
thank you guys so so so much will leave rep for all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Christmas Gift Laptop for £300 - £350?22
    2. Xbox One S Deals w/ Destiny 2?23
    3. Amsterdam Citibreak - any advice welcomed44
    4. Holiday discount centre is a scam59

See more discussions