Encrypted memory stick or hard drive

Found 14th Dec 2017
Hi just wondering which makes or models are encrypted I've currently got a 8gb Sandisk Cruzer with secure access but that's too little now so I'm looking for bigger storage. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Just use Windows' own Bitlocker. It's secure (probably moreso than whatever junk gets used for USB keys), and it doesn't require third-party software to be installed or used to grant access to your data. It will work with any storage device.
Original Poster
dxx5 m ago

Just use Windows' own Bitlocker. It's secure (probably moreso than …Just use Windows' own Bitlocker. It's secure (probably moreso than whatever junk gets used for USB keys), and it doesn't require third-party software to be installed or used to grant access to your data. It will work with any storage device.

Is it offline so I can go on the docs when I’m not connected to internet
In my old workplace we used Veracrypt/Trucrypt, which is free
omar0207 m ago

Is it offline so I can go on the docs when I’m not connected to internet

Yep. It's Windows' built-in encryption software for USB sticks / harddrives, and has absolutely no dependence on any online services, so you can use it offline as much as you like.
dxx17 m ago

Just use Windows' own Bitlocker. It's secure (probably moreso than …Just use Windows' own Bitlocker. It's secure (probably moreso than whatever junk gets used for USB keys), and it doesn't require third-party software to be installed or used to grant access to your data. It will work with any storage device.

I'm sure that was/is only available on the premium or enterprise versions of Windows? Correct me if I'm wrong
Original Poster
hill_Billy1 m ago

I'm sure that was/is only available on the premium or enterprise versions …I'm sure that was/is only available on the premium or enterprise versions of Windows? Correct me if I'm wrong

Yes mate just checked it’s on pro exteriorise and education one shame though
Might be worth buying an upgrade key then you will have bitlocker. Not sure if you can find cheaper anywhere else amazon.co.uk/Win…MR6
I use one of these at work

amazon.co.uk/iSt…c=1

No reliance on certain versions of Windows nor any software to install. Setup a pin that you need to enter before you plug it in and away you go
Just been reading about one of these encrypted usb drive and they said that they are quite good but NOT cheap so it depends what you are after.

They have a keyboard built in onto the usb drive, be it a extremely mini cutdown number/press umpteen times for letters keyboard.

It did get a reasonable review except for the price!
chuffedfox9 h, 35 m ago

In my old workplace we used Veracrypt/Trucrypt, which is free

I'm pretty sure Truerypt had a huge vulnerability and it's no longer maintained. I used to use it as well but not for work
darlodge38 m ago

I'm pretty sure Truerypt had a huge vulnerability and it's no longer …I'm pretty sure Truerypt had a huge vulnerability and it's no longer maintained. I used to use it as well but not for work

That's when it was upgraded to "Veracrypt" (i.e. they made a fork of Trucrypt, fixed it, and renamed it Vera)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants